FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Tom Petty goes into the Great Wide Open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Creative Xpress
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
ManAtTheWindow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Tom Petty goes into the Great Wide Open Reply with quote

Plans for the long-awaited reunion of the Traveling Wilburys have received a further setback with the sad news that Tom Petty has reached his expiry date just a couple of weeks short of his 67th birthday. The Heartbreakers frontman was found unconscious at his home in Malibu after he had suffered - somewhat fittingly - a fatal heart attack.
Not good.
I liked Tom a lot. I loved his laconic, understated delivery of interesting lyrics combined with powerful but tuneful rock music.
Following the recent death of Walter Becker, that's now two of the finest American bands who won't be producing any more new material for our enjoyment and pleasure. It's been a bad few weeks.

Blessings to you, Tom, and thanks for the great tunes. Godspeed.

Rolling Stone report on death of Tom Petty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Creative Xpress All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: