FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Deep Purple - Live at Montreux 2006 - Full Concert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Creative Xpress
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
atm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Deep Purple - Live at Montreux 2006 - Full Concert Reply with quote

Woah!

atm Smile
Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
and thks ATM

Ritchie Blackmore is one of my favourite guitar players

he's a bit of a kook muahaha

Last edited by Southpark Fan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
whej

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a tough call on Blackmore vs. Morse. I think Steve is more technical than Ritchie, and because of that, takes the band as a whole to another level of performance.
I do miss Blackmore's signature song in a lot of the material they perform today, but the band is still very good with only one of the original members left.
And that would be Ian Paice.

Not the best drummer in the world, that's a three way tie between (Bernie "Pretty" Purdie, Neil Pert, and the late, legendary Jeff Porcaro). But he still is very, very good.

thanks for sharing these gems gang! Laughing

Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep Purple founder Jon Lord died today (16.07.12) aged 71 in London surrounded by his friends and family.

http://jonlord.org/

whej

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Deep Purple founder Jon Lord died today (16.07.12) aged 71 in London surrounded by his friends and family.

I know SPF.

Actually Jon is more well known in the US with Whitesnake than with the Deep. I met Jon about 20 years ago hanging with Dave Pegg from Jethro Tull/Fairport Convention. A close friend of mine is good friends with 'Peggy' and sonny Matt from Procol Harum and they stayed at my friend place while Jethro was touring (Dave said it beat the hotel shit!!). He was a cool cat; laid back and easy going. When I talked to him about music I had no idea he had been with Whitesnake after stint number one with DP. Not being a huge fan of eighties hair bands, I told him I didn't really know of them, but as far as keyboardists go, I liked Alan Parsons (visionary), Tony Kaye and Rick Wakeman as keyboardists. He was fun to talk to over a couple of beers about music in general and the foundations of British Psychedelic music of the '60's and '70's.

And for that, I'm glad I had the chance if only for a couple of hours to sit down and talk music with him. So many of our visionary musicians are going to be moving on now as they all get older. Makes one take stock of what is really important. Family, friends and doing what you love.

To the Next Level Jon. Cool

Quote:
...No, I don't know where I'm going
But, I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An' I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time
So, here I go again...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Creative Xpress All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: