Considering AJ's collusion with Peter Power
of Scotland Yard's counter-terrorism unit (at the time
of the London 7/7 bombings)....
Alex Jones is Wrong on London Terror Drill
By Fintan Dunne, Editor BreakForNews.com - July 11th, 2005 5pm ET
Radio host, Alex Jones is spreading misleading, false and overblown claims
linking Peter Power, a crisis management consultant and former
member of Britain's anti-terror police, to a 'terrorism drill' which Jones
alleges was used to provide cover for State perpetrators of the multiple
The wild allegations leave others presenting so-called "conspiracy
theories" about these attacks open to ridicule --because of false claims
by the most reknowned radio show on these topics.....
And considering that three of the Scotland Yard cops
now in the spotlight over their handling of the hacking
issue are also senior officers in Scotland Yard's counter-
terrorism unit - it's no surprise AJ is so low key.
You'd think that he would be celebrating the downfall
of the senior cops managing fake terrorism in the UK
-as we are here on BFN.
After all, one of the disgraced cops, Andy Hayman actually
headed the investigation into the 7 July 2005 London bombings.
But does this AJ dog attack it's master?
Not a chance. _________________ Minds are like parachutes.
They only function when open. http://NeemWell.com
Last edited by Fintan on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Murdoch's "Daughter" Rebekah Brooks
Arrested By Scotland Yard Police
Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks has been
arrested in connection with allegations of corruption and phone hacking.
The 43-year-old was arrested by appointment by Operation Weeting
police at a London police station. She is currently still in custody.
Now Rebekah can take the 5th when
she appears before the committee.
And I'm not the only one getting the smell:
Chris Bryant MP, who has long campaigned
to break the hacking story, says:
It looks as if the Metropolitan Police are doing the thorough investigation
that they should have done five years ago. Clearly, Rebekah Brooks has
got serious questions to answer. I hope this is not just a means of
avoiding answering questions at the select committee on Tuesday.
And the family of murdered teenager Milly Dowler - whose
phone was hacked by NotW are even more explicit:
Mark Lewis, the Dowler family lawyer, said on Sky News:
I think it's an incredible bit of timing and I think it gives the impression
that these questions [from the parliamentary committee] can't be
answered. To be arrested two days before a comittee hearing in which
she was giving evidence looks deliberate. I'm sorry about that but it
Adrian Sanders MP, who is on the parliamentary committee
which is due to question Rebekah Brooks on Tursday next, says
"The police knew perfectly well that our hearing was not likely to
hamper their investigation, but they knew that arresting Brooks
would hamper our hearing."
Can Sir Paul Stephenson stay on in the light of this?
I doubt it...... I think his position is untenable.
This afternoon came the news:
Scotland Yard's Top Officer
Sir Paul Stephenson Resigns
I have this afternoon informed the Palace, the Home Secretary and the
Mayor of my intention to resign as Commissioner of the Metropolitan
I have taken this decision as a consequence of the ongoing speculation
and accusations relating to the Met's links with News International at a
senior level and in particular in relation to Mr Neil Wallis who as you
know was arrested in connection with Operation Weeting last week.
Firstly, I want to say what an enormous privilege it has been for me to
lead this great organisation that is the Met.......
I met Mr Wallis in 2006. The purpose of that meeting was, as with other
journalists, to represent the context of policing and to better inform the
public debate carried out through the media on policing issues.
I had no knowledge of, or involvement in, the original investigation
into phone hacking in 2006 that successfully led to the conviction and
imprisonment of two men. I had no reason to believe this was
anything other than a successful investigation.
I was unaware that there were any other documents in our possession of
the nature that have now emerged.
I have acknowledged the statement by John Yates that if he had known
then what he knows now he would have made different decisions.
My relationship with Mr Wallis continued over the following years and the
frequency of our meetings is a matter of public record. The record clearly
accords with my description of the relationship as one maintained for
professional purposes and an acquaintance.
In 2009 the Met entered into a contractual arrangement with Neil Wallis,
terminating in 2010. I played no role in the letting or management of that
I shed no tears at his going.
After all he was appointed Deputy commissioner
of Scotland Yard in 2005 -four months before the
7/7 bombings. So he is well in the frame for the
issues of fake-terror which this scandal has yet
Anyway I find it hard to believe that Stephenson
was unaware of the skeletons which his colleague
John Yates had in the cupboard.
With Stephenson having resigned, I think
the position of John Yates is now
also completely untenable. _________________ Minds are like parachutes.
They only function when open. http://NeemWell.com
These are very important times, the public are standing
up to the three Ps - press, politics and the police.
-Mark Lewis, solicitor for the family of Milly Dowler
It is striking that Sir Paul has taken responsibility and answered
questions about the appointment of the Deputy Editor of the News
of the World whereas the Prime Minister still refuses to recognise
his misjudgement and answer questions on the appointment of the
Editor of the News of the World at the time of the initial phone
- Yvette Cooper MP, Labour’s Shadow Home Secretary
I can’t believe I am even writing this, but it is no longer an impossibility
to imagine this scandal bringing down the Prime Minister or even the
OK, some of you reading this may think that last sentence is a deranged
ranting, and you may be right. Indeed, I hope you are. But Sir Paul
Stephenson launched a thinly veiled attack on David Cameron in his
resignation statement and the Prime Minister is already on the ropes
about the propriety of his relationship with Andy Coulson.
This talk about the severely weakened position of the UK
prime minister David Cameron is right on the money.
Especially after news came out yesterday that Cameron
had been about to appoint someone else as his PR spin
doctor --but bowed to a pressure phone call from none
other than Rebekah Brooks, and instead gave the job
to former News Of The World Editor Andy Coulson.
It confirms that despite his holier-than-thou attitude
now to this scandal, Cameron was quite happy to
play ball with Murdoch:
Rebekah vetoed BBC man and told Cameron
he should give No10 job to Andy Coulson
By SIMON WALTERS - 16th July 2011
Disgraced former News International boss Rebekah Brooks intervened to persuade David Cameron to make ex-News of the World editor Andy Coulson his spin doctor, it was claimed last night.
She is understood to have urged Mr Cameron to scrap plans to give the job to a senior BBC journalist. Mr Cameron was told it should go to someone who was ‘acceptable’ to News International.
The disclosure increases pressure on Mr Cameron over his close links to Mrs Brooks and the Murdoch empire.
It follows the revelation that Mr Coulson stayed at the Prime Minister’s country residence, Chequers, two months after he was forced to quit as Downing Street’s head of communications over the phone-hacking scandal.
Mr Cameron met News International executives 26 times in 15 months.
Mr Cameron had been on the brink of appointing the BBC’s Guto Harri as his media chief when he was Opposition leader. Mr Harri and his family spent a weekend with the Camerons in 2007 to discuss the job offer.
However, it went to Mr Coulson after Mrs Brooks got involved, according to sources in the Tory party and at News International.
She is said to have told Mr Cameron that the post should go to Mr Coulson to strengthen links between the Tories and News International. He had resigned a few months earlier as News of the World editor over the phone-hacking storm.
An individual intimately involved in Mr Coulson’s recruitment said: ‘Rebekah indicated the job should go to Andy. Cameron was told it should be someone acceptable to News International.
'The company was also desperate to find something for Andy after he took the rap when the phone hacking first became an issue. The approach was along the lines of, “If you find something for Andy we will return the favour”.’........
Joined: 26 Jun 2007 Posts: 2316 Location: The Canadian shield
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:54 pm Post subject: Just a matter of time.
Can you say Profumo? What goes around comes back again like a boomerang. Scandal is always present, just with time as the transgressors get bolder and more insouciant, eventually it all comes to light. _________________ The grand design, reflected in the face of Chaos.
"Let's now speak to Annie Machon
-she's a former intelligence agent
What this with the "former" ?
Annie Machon is a slimy spook who has
been deployed re the 7/7 bombings issue.
With Stephenson having resigned, I think
the position of John Yates is now
also completely untenable.
And right on cue:
John Yates resigns from Met police
over phone-hacking scandal
Scotland Yard's top counter-terrorism officer quits
the day after his boss Sir Paul Stephenson
Vikram Dodd, Sam Jones and Hélène Mulholland
guardian.co.uk, Monday 18 July 2011 14.53 BST
The Metropolitan police assistant commissioner John Yates has become the
second high-profile Scotland Yard officer to resign over the phone-hacking
The resignation of Yates – the country's top counter-terrorism officer –
comes a day after his boss, the Metropolitan police commissioner, Sir
Paul Stephenson, stepped down.
In a statement, Scotland Yard said: "Assistant commissioner John Yates
has this afternoon indicated his intention to resign to the chair of the
Metropolitan Police Authority (MPA). This has been accepted. AC Yates
will make a statement later this afternoon.".....
John Yates resigned after being told he would be suspended
as his conduct was being referred to the Independent Police Complaints
Commission, the Metropolitan Police Authority confirmed:
The MPA disciplinary committee, which met this morning, announced
that it had decided to suspend AC Yates pending an inquiry into allegations
following the phone-hacking scandal. The MPA professional standards
subcommittee met in private this morning and reached its decision to
suspend the most senior counter-terrorism officer in Britain.
Sean Hoare was the unsung hero of the hacking scandal
and was key to renewed media coverage which directly
led to the hacking issue breakthrough
News of the World Phone Hacking
Whistleblower Found Dead Death of Sean Hoare – who was first named journalist to allege
Andy Coulson knew of hacking –not being treated as suspicious
Amelia Hill, James Robinson, Caroline Davies
guardian.co.uk, Monday 18 July 2011 18.04 BST
Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbiz reporter who was the first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead, the Guardian has learned.
Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, is said to have been found dead at his Watford home.
Hertfordshire police would not confirm his identity, but the force said in a statement: "At 10.40am today [Monday 18 July] police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street. Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.
"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."
Hoare first made his claims in a New York Times investigation into the phone-hacking allegations at the News of the World.
He told that newspaper that not only did Coulson know of the phone-hacking, but that he actively encouraged his staff to intercept the phone calls of celebrities in the pursuit of exclusives.
In a subsequent interview with the BBC he alleged that he was personally asked by his then-editor, Coulson, to tap into phones. In an interview with the PM programme he said Coulson's insistence that he didn't know about the practice was "a lie, it is simply a lie".
At the time a Downing Street spokeswoman said Coulson totally and utterly denied the allegations and said he had "never condoned the use of phone-hacking and nor do I have any recollection of incidences where phone-hacking took place".
Sean Hoare, a one-time close friend of Coulson's, told the New York Times the two men first worked together at the Sun, where, Hoare said, he played tape recordings of hacked messages for Coulson. At the News of the World, Hoare said he continued to inform Coulson of his activities. Coulson "actively encouraged me to do it," Hoare said.
In September last year he was interviewed under caution by police over his claims that the former Tory communications chief asked him to hack into phones when he was editor of the paper, but declined to make any comment.
Hoare emerged back into the spotlight last week, after he told the New York Times that reporters at the News of the World were able to use police technology to locate people using their mobile phone signals in exchange for payments to police officers.
He said journalists were able to use a technique called 'pinging' which measured the distance between mobile handsets and a number of phone masts to pinpoint its location.
Hoare gave further details about the use of 'pinging' to the Guardian last week. He described how reporters would ask a news desk executive to obtain the location of a target: "Within 15 to 30 minutes someone on the news desk would come back and say 'right that's where they are.'"
He said: "You'd just go to the news desk and they'd just come back to you. You don't ask any questions. You'd consider it a job done. The chain of command is one of absolute discipline and what's why I never bought into, like with Andy saying he wasn't aware of it and all that. That's bollocks."
He said he would stand by everything he had told the New York Times about 'pinging'. "I don't know how often it happened. That would be wrong of me. But if I had access as a humble reporter … ."
He admitted he had had problems with drink and drugs and had been in rehab. "But that's irrelevant," he said. "There's more to come. This is not going to go away."
Hoare named a private investigator who he said had links with the News of the World, adding: "He may want to talk now because I think what you'll find now is a lot of people are going to want to cover their arse."
Speaking to another Guardian journalist's last week, Hoare repeatedly expressed the hope that the hacking scandal would lead to journalism in general being cleaned up and said he had decided to blow the whistle on the activities of some of his former News of the World colleagues with that aim in mind.
He also said he has been injured at a party the previous weekend while taking down a marquee erected for a children's party. He said he had broken his nose and badly injured his foot when a relative accidentally struck him with a heavy pole from the marquee.
Hoare also emphasised that he was not making any money from telling his story. Hoare, who has been treated for drug and alcohol problems, reminisced about partying with former pop stars and said he missed the days when he was able to go out on the town.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum