FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Looking Back, What Was YOUR 'Holy Sh*t!' Moment of Truth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuity wrote:
Rump said:
Quote:
Luckily for me, a Kiwi friend was staying with me temporarily, and he knew it right away. After a few late-night bull sessions...

If you don't mind me asking, Rump, do you remember what it was your friend was saying to you during those sessions that woke you up? I mean, was he just like, 'Man, all those poor people they've just torched to death' or was it something deeper or differently-put that he was onto back then? {curious}

In all honesty, I don't remember specific details of the conversations. As far as his background, he's always been an anomalous character, which is why I like him. He's a life-long Republican who actually worked temporarily in the low levels of the Nixon administration. Hung out with Karl Rove in his college days, has some interesting stories from that.

He taught a few years of high school social studies and government, and always preached to his students that the U.S. Constitution is the greatest and most totally ignored document of all time. "Here's how it's supposed to work, and over here's how it actually is done. Note the odd lack of similarity." If he were still teaching today, he'd be in Gitmo, for sure.

He's never trusted the government, and has always been at the forefront of scam revelations. From what I recall, he mainly questioned why a Liberal such as I was so ready to take the admin's word over my common sense. Perhaps my misguided Clinton worship? Shocked

I do remember him outlining a diagram that involved a circular hedge, inside of which the real business of government - U.S. govt under the control of international entities - and outside of which resided the aspects the public were allowed to see, which had more realtion to tabloid television and movie scripts than they did to any kind of social or political realities. He also first revealed to me the concept of world bankers running just about everything. That one definitely stuck with me.

Last edited by Rumpl4skn on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EddieT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My moment came...oddly enough...during the movie "Saved." In the movie, about overly zealous Christians using all means necessary to convert their high school mates, the head bitch of the Christian group (played by Mandy Moore) graffitis the school with anti-Christian slogans in order to kick the missionary work into high gear by framing some of the students in school who aren't buying it. I was already skeptical about 9/11, and then it just hit me. I went on the internet, found a little bit of info, and then spent the next two weeks debating friends on an internet forum that I frequented about it.

I am certain I am the only one who had Mandy Moore show them the light. But of course I was buying just about everything after that, and it wasn't until I found this site that I had another "Oh shit" moment...but instead of terrifying me, this moment gave me hope.

I wish I had figured it out back at Waco, AIDS, Oklahoma City, hell...I wish my PARENTS had figured it out. Now I feel like I am playing catch up and worry that I won't be able to catch up fast enough. Or I worry that I will know the truth, and STILL sell out in the end. I am becoming more and more aware of how much strength and determination it takes to go against the current. Keep up the good work Fintan and Kathy and everyone else who contributes, I truly believe that you are making a difference.
kathy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ormond, aspectus and FaxMan, all

Ormond said:
Quote:
Even those relatively 'safe' zones where the G-8 favors with corporate jobs and temporary 'prosperity' and 'peace'. The very things that make people soft...as Americans got soft like spoiled little brats.

We have seen the 'prosperity' here in Ireland over the last few years, they call it the Celtic Tiger. I will try to write more on this later, but I think many Irish people are well on their way to becoming "soft like spoiled little brats".

aspectus said:
Quote:
I'm leaning towards assuming Fintan & Kathy are sincere

Sometimes I ask myself why I do what I do, all I can say is that I have cursed this inherent drive for truth, the reason for my role in BFN and this forum. I have cursed, cracked up, swore I'm not continuing my involvement, cried because I cannot continue financially supporting something when I cannot afford basic necessities in life, but the feckin inherent drive just gets stronger. Being raised a Catholic I have even resorted to prayer, asking the good lord to take away this cross, but I think he has abandoned me. Wink

So am I sincere? Well I dunno....

I am going to take a step back though because despite this inherent drive for truth I am also aware that I need to get my life sorted. This house requires work done to suit my mobility and I have to concentrate on finding homes for the kittens, mother cat and even some of our dogs because we can't afford to feed them all (anyone in Ireland want a pet? Sorry we can't ship live animals abroad). Then there's my Neem work which I have to pay attention to as it has been our bread and butter.

Kathy
Ormond

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just could not believe that the war could continue in the light of that gruesome atrocity. That the members of the U.S. population who supported the war could continue to do so in the light of what they had become by virtue of that one terrible act. But they did.
Fintan Dunne

Seems a long time ago now. I am thinking back to the months leading up to the invasion of Iraq...how they manipulated us to anticipate..then hope 'Congress' would prevent them...then back to anticipation...
Of course they were going to do it and all Capitol Hill knew that. They play a game with the public, to make it appear as if we live in a democracy.

When it was clear they were going to invade within days, I put a web site up called iraqwarassessment.com (kinda sloppy url, but better ones were already taken and I was in a hurry) I still have it in local archive. I haven't looked at again till today. I put it up so you can see it by clicking the photos below. But keep in mind I wrote that the week the invasion was 'over' in 2003. Most of the links are probably dead or the articles they go to expired Still a good record of where my mind was then.
I let it expire in 2004 as by then I was reading Truthout.org and other CIA fakes....but at that time, they'd become my main news source!
So Fintan was right about that....the CIA gives us 'leaders', and we figure, 'hey, these guys know more than I do, and they get millions of hits, so everything's under control. I don't need to contribute....
Big time saver.....until you start wondering why they run the variations of the same 'hopes' annually,(which never pan out and leave you depressed) You realize "hey. These guys are tools of the same government they're supposed to be exposing!"

After the first wave of bombings of Shakanah (Shock and Awe), The Guardian posted two photos of two little sisters broken, lifeless bodies--killed in their beds when their civilian neighborhood in Bagdad was bombed by heroic US pilots on a mission to bring Democracy to Iraq. Or was is a mission from God? Something like that....
CNN, FOX, CBS, MSNBC and the rest didn't think these newsworthy photos...being "collatoral damage", which rymes with "garbage".
One of the Bush wives said something about the ban on showing dead children and flag draped caskets being for our own good, since such images might send "a negative message to the American people." They're so thoughtful. Thanks, Mom.
Um, but wait a second. Photos of dead 'bad guys' like Zarquai, and bit of lite S&M romping with cute little female MP leading naked prisoners around on a leash...now that's positive and wholesome, right?

The first photos of Iraqi civilian casualties of the invasion of Iraq.
These photos were banned on all US media, even internet sites, I read.
So of course I posted them on my site imeadiately.

I collected the daily news on the war and ran the site for year. Problem was, though I'd submitted it to Google and other search engines, it never showed up on search. Too far down the list under "Iraq war" and the usual entries of the time. Hits were only a few a week, I figured friends I'd sent the url to, so in 2004 I let it expire.

Keep in mind this was Spring, 2003, so my presentation is dated and a lot of the links may be dead.

Last edited by Ormond on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:52 pm; edited 11 times in total
Ormond

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
p.s. Anyone else notice that when you totally ignore a troll's ad hominem attacks, they've pretty much shot their wad?
Rumple4skin

They really hate that. Hey, maybe the forum could have a 'Hall of Shame" for our growing list of "outed" trolls of the past?

Ormond

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We have seen the 'prosperity' here in Ireland over the last few years, they call it the Celtic Tiger. I will try to write more on this later, but I think many Irish people are well on their way to becoming "soft like spoiled little brats".
Kathy

Glad you've been thinking of writing about that. I for one would like to hear, but more importantly young Irish people should hear too.
When I saw that photo Fintan posted of Bono with George Bush, I thought it would be a great poster to read, "Don't let this happen to you!")
I think the best of Irish character was preserved well enough and flourished in Chicago and Boston and prosperity was a good thing....it's more like the kind of world we've been going into since 1990 that has me vigilant. Something's happened to people in the States during the last ten years in particular I've never seen before. We're being deprived of our independent outlets to earn prosperity through local business. It's all being corporatized. That's the real problem.

By the way, Neem is good stuff folks. It does all they say it does. tastes good on rice, too. I learned of it around 2003 when I was studying herbal substitutes for drugs on the internet.
I suspect people like here on this forum aren't exactly on the G-8's Christmas gifts list! In American now if you're not corporate you're scheduled for extinction. All the factories have been shipped to China, and the technologies all 'outsourced' too. They've made independent livlihood more difficult.
We've all got to pull together and me for one I deliberately buy from individuals instead of store outlets whenever possible.
It's not all over yet... though they keep changing the scenery it's up to us to network and if they intend a 'global village' of corporate nature, we've got to counter with our own 'global village' of free thnkers to make sure somebody's around to keep the hairy eyeball on 'em. And of course we gotta eat too.

Last edited by Ormond on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
backandtotheleft

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been noticing things weren't quite what they seemed.

In fact, my suspicions first arrived with the release of the Iranian hostages back in 1981. What made me so curious about the matter was the fact that after 444 days, the actual release coincided with the swearing in of Reagan.

I'm a big believer in the old maxim that a picture is worth a thousand words. I've posted this before, but look at George Bush. He's got a lot on his mind at that moment:

Anyway, what threw me off about this was that everybody (including the MSM) generally recognized that Reagan and Bush were going to be very conservative:

Yet, somehow, this band of terrorists holding these Americans captive for 444 days were happy to end the crisis as an act of political goodwill toward the incoming conservatives?!

I didn't buy it. And, of course, it got explained away during the Iran Contra era:

How politically convenient that Reagan would be dealing with the people that call Americans the devil.

I believe that once it became clear that the Iranian people wouldn't accept any more Shahs, the Iranian revloution was controlled. Does anybody really believe that a legitimate rebellion of the people would choose to replace a right wing fascist dictator:

with a right wing religious dictator:

???

Of course, it should be fairly obvious who has been controlling Iran all along and it is not this puppet:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8410864/

My BIG moment of disbelief came twenty years later when I saw some blurry video taken from a certain angle which clearly shows explosion plumes ejecting from the side of the WTC, progressing down the side of the building moments before the collapse.

At that point I realized just how controlled we really were, and I believe that was the most shocking, exhilerating feeling I've ever had.

And since a picture is worth a thousand words, when I saw this, I knew how deep this really goes:

What is their relationship?

Which one holds the power?

What is their relationship?

And of course, the Bush family are just the tip of the iceberg. They are the face-men for the American wing of the world-controlling interests really at work.
maverick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help the uninformed........Who is the guy with IKE ?????
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maverick wrote:
Help the uninformed........Who is the guy with IKE ?????

If I didn't know better, I'd say he's a dead-ringer for Hitler's money launderer. Cool

Some call him, "Poppy's Daddy." That's your President's Granddaddy, Prescott.

FaxMam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by FaxMam on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ormond

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Ike. I can see the subservience in both of those photos. Yep, we can see who's 'Daddy' in all of the Presidential photos. It would be funny if it weren't so damn serious.
We're told as children that we get to vote for our 'leaders'.
Even if the voting Easter Bunny was the real story, we'd still be handing over our rights to one President and a few Senators and Congresspeople having spent our one vote.

All grown up, we now know that Presidents are installed and when their behavior is scrutinized as closely as this, they're nothing but finger puppets for the men in the shadows.

Fintan suggested on a broadcast a while back that the voting system is archaic. We don't need one or two 'representatives' to send by carriage or steam locomotive to Parliament or Capitol Hill. We have instant communications. It's obvious that the 'Establishment' is as obsolete as the powerdered wig. Wahshington talks about the merits of electronic voting machines, which we still have to drive to a polling place to use, and can't examine. Going through the system to 'change' this will be held up until they 1. learn of the ideas 2. have time for their think tanks to create a new system that looks like what we'll believe in, but that they control utterly.

We should forget about them--rendering to Caesar where their man with the big black gun is concerned, but have not respect for them and be honest with them about it.

A public that says, "I do this only because you have a man standing here with a big gun. We do not believe in you. We know how you work and have no respect for you. In fact, we say that you're scum and crooks and we'll do what you say only because you have this man here with a gun."

We have to do so much that they say, merely because of the traps and boxes they have us in, but I hope enough people can at least look them in the eye and state. WE SEE THROUGH YOUR 'DEMOCRACY'.

Enough Americans were aware of that and did so during the Great Depression. That rattled them enough that they backed of for decades, to get generations as dumb as the immigrants of the late 1800's.

We don't have t bow down and play dumb in our entrapment. Do what you must not to get arrested or shot, but we can just look them in the eye and say, "I'm doing this under duress. Not because we believe in you. You are not gods, or our betters. You really are different from us, though. You have hired goons".

"Nothing says it like hired goons" ~ Montgomery Burns.

They really hate that, you know.

maverick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt recognize him.........so if he had influence in say the 40's and 50's........which he probably did..........that would make a possible 50 to 60 years of Bush's influence and with Hillary and Jeb waiting in the wings we have at least another possible 18 years of this........if we are all still around by then..........

I almost feel like since about 1960 it has been a contest between the Bush and Kennedys but seems someone wanted the Bush plan more........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: