FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Zeitgeist 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
SidVicious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Zeitgeist 2 Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet;;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

started watching it last night. is so far excellent.
hawkwind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Very Clever Indeed .... Reply with quote

OK, watched the whole thing ... a few comments. Starts out with a whole bunch of good information about the monetary system, all of which can be found elsewhere with a few Google searches. I give it credit for this refresher but some place along the way ... it all falls apart just as part 1 did.

While rallying for the demise of "religion and faith", along with banking institutions, it makes a not so subtle substitution with "Secular Humanism" ... this shit has more dogma than most major religions. Look it up and you will find this "new religion" to be filled with Utopian dreams and promises, used as a clever veneer to cover eugenics and intellectual elitism. Statements like "there is no instinctual human behavior" stinks of the agenda that says everyone can be bullied into this new "thinking process". Run, don't walk from this "Project Venus", with the same effort to run from the current monetary system!

Just think, won't it be great to live in a world where technology relieves us of all the drudgery and allows us to be free ... to have no self worth or sense of direction. Check out the campy movie Zardoz ... a natural extension of this world of boredom and intellectual stagnation that can only be achieved when abilities fall short of our reality ...

Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm for this propaganda, but I can picture this world where every human endeavor contains the means to an end ... the urge to just leave ... suicide by uselessness and hive logic ...

- Hawk

bonzelite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not yet watched it all. I'm almost thru the first hour. It did begin to mention technology as the savior of humanity, which if, according to what you said about how the film devolves, it not the answer either.

There is more meaning to life than a mechanization of society. The piece, too, begins to wax atheistic, as if religion or spirituality has no basis for validity other than to quell our "emotional needs" for security.

Wu Li

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Clever Indeed .... Reply with quote

hawkwind wrote:
OK, watched the whole thing ... a few comments. Starts out with a whole bunch of good information about the monetary system, all of which can be found elsewhere with a few Google searches. I give it credit for this refresher but some place along the way ... it all falls apart just as part 1 did.

While rallying for the demise of "religion and faith", along with banking institutions, it makes a not so subtle substitution with "Secular Humanism" ... this shit has more dogma than most major religions. Look it up and you will find this "new religion" to be filled with Utopian dreams and promises, used as a clever veneer to cover eugenics and intellectual elitism. Statements like "there is no instinctual human behavior" stinks of the agenda that says everyone can be bullied into this new "thinking process". Run, don't walk from this "Project Venus", with the same effort to run from the current monetary system!

Just think, won't it be great to live in a world where technology relieves us of all the drudgery and allows us to be free ... to have no self worth or sense of direction. Check out the campy movie Zardoz ... a natural extension of this world of boredom and intellectual stagnation that can only be achieved when abilities fall short of our reality ...

Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm for this propaganda, but I can picture this world where every human endeavor contains the means to an end ... the urge to just leave ... suicide by uselessness and hive logic ...

- Hawk

I somewhat agree and won't expand fully.
I thought to myself: "Well OK tell me how we can live in a world without some sort of monetary description where we all may place worth upon our own physical worldly assets.
Maybe I am being short sided here
I loved the thoughts behind this BUT!!
I see the very same as what you have stated.

In essence this video ends with the Scientific resolution "towards" nature and the most important "Anglo Saxon" belief of Human nature and it's reduction towards this end.
Very General but poses many questions.
No wonder it is spot on while at the same time (just as the first vid) leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Neutral

EddieT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Clever Indeed .... Reply with quote

hawkwind wrote:

- Hawk

Seconded. Some good ideas in there scattered about, but all in all this thought that technology can relieve us all of the burden of our work and represents our great opportunity to move forward takes into account very little of what it means to be a human being.

I also just get a general bad vibe watching the zeitgeist stuff. Its a little too slick.

omg234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeitgeist 2 Reply with quote

What I think:

1/4 truth

1/4 half-truths

1/4 misconceptions and distortions

1/4 blatant diversions and false solutions

Overall, a horrid waste of time that will only confuse. The true intentions of videos like this and Loose Change are suspect.
SuperstarNeilC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coalraker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technology becomes more dangerous in the hands of psychologically disoriented societies! The greatest abundance is to be without need.
If we see the planet as a resource then we become a resource.
Society is run by a death urge, because it acts out consciously for what is needed internally. psychologically. Weapons are technology that reflect a psychological state of mind.

Inside is connected to outside. How do we shift one's consciousness past ego, past contradictions, this is the question and the answer!
ManAtTheWindow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very good on the money issues and just as weak when it tackles religion and philosophy.

It's curious that the film makers have no problem separating a corrupt money system from the concept of wealth; and yet they can't do the same thing for religion and God. They seem to think that if they perceive a flaw in a religious system that is a proof of the non-existence of God and therefore it is inconceivable to them that a belief in God could have validity. Of course, if they'd spotted this fallacy in their logic, they'd have had to ditch half of the film.

I'd like to have an edited version that sticks to the financial scammery and misses out the HG Wells/Aldous Huxley delusional thinking. Religion minus science equals superstition, granted. But science without religion equals Hiroshima and worse.

Technology will solve all of our problems? That's a laugh.
It reminds me of Donald Fagen's song "IGY" where he looks 25 years into the future (from 1957) and sarcactically lists all the benefits that science will bring to humanity, including;
" A Just Machine to make big decisions,
Programmed by fellows with compassion and vision.
We'll be free when that work is done.
We'll be eternally free and eternally young.
What a wonderful world this will be!
What a glorious time to be free!"

atm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rss.nfowars.net/20081016_Thu_Alex.mp3

atm Wink
coalraker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Fight or Flight ? Reply with quote

The Way of the Wizard

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=the%20way%20of%20the%20wizard&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: