FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Worst debate ever....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Look into any mirror.... Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
No one debates policies or ideologies anymore (did they really ever?) as those are way too polarizing and controversial.

Oh, absolutely. Read the Lincoln-Douglas debates as one famous example, and that was not an exception. Real debate, not just among the politicians but for the general public as well, began disappearing after the 1960's. The current conditions are very odd - no one actually debates politics, but they think they are. The confusion about this cannot be overestimated.
city trader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Look into any mirror.... Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Peter wrote:
No one debates policies or ideologies anymore (did they really ever?) as those are way too polarizing and controversial.

Oh, absolutely. Read the Lincoln-Douglas debates as one famous example, and that was not an exception. Real debate, not just among the politicians but for the general public as well, began disappearing after the 1960's. The current conditions are very odd - no one actually debates politics, but they think they are. The confusion about this cannot be overestimated.

The ideologies and polocies were only ever a distraction to get people to argue about the effects never the cause, while they just went ahead and changed things to suit themselves.They sold us ideologies that would never prevent them from doing whatever they wanted.
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Look into any mirror.... Reply with quote

city trader wrote:
The ideologies and polocies were only ever a distraction to get people to argue about the effects never the cause, while they just went ahead and changed things to suit themselves.They sold us ideologies that would never prevent them from doing whatever they wanted.

Tell that to the millions of human beings released from chains and whips, crushing labor and an early death, separation from their families and being treated like dogs, and their descendants. That is what the Lincoln-Douglas debates were about.

The only people who are bored with politics and see it all as meaningless and irrelevant are those pampered few born to relative privilege and close to the center of power where they can enjoy the protection and benefits of that, with nothing at stake and under no duress or threat.
city trader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
city trader wrote:
Mike lets get this right, the Book that they read from is not the true Bible.

If you look at recent history the banksters have ruined at least the Christian message in Russia first then Germany with hitler and now America.
But there are many Americans who can see that both the nazi's and comies are athiest with the nazi's playing for the right side team pretending to be Christian.

Hey city trader, I thought you might weigh in on this.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree.

I was paying attention as first a Catholic, then a Mormon, then a Baptist answered that question. I hope I am not being too uncharitable to say that all three of them are full of it. They might as well throw the Bible in the mud and trample on it. It was ugly.

I agree, the books there reading are all different anyway not one's the same just like the talmud and hadith Just goes to show that they can't read or understand scripture.
city trader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Look into any mirror.... Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
city trader wrote:

Tell that to the millions of human beings released from chains and whips, crushing labor and an early death, separation from their families and being treated like dogs, and their descendants. That is what the Lincoln-Douglas debates were about.

The only people who are bored with politics and see it all as meaningless and irrelevant are those pampered few born to relative privilege and close to the center of power where they can enjoy the protection and benefits of that, with nothing at stake and under no duress or threat.

Ye I know what your saying I was just looking at a bigger picture.

I was looking at where we are now with politics,and thinking how easy it would be to exploite people if they have not got a sturdy set of does and dont's that obviously should be fair for everyone.They changed the does and dont's to suit just the rich minority.Politics was set up to fail it was only ever a con game.So if I could use these tactics above so could they and they have done and kept it in the family for many years.
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Look into any mirror.... Reply with quote

city trader wrote:
Yes I know what your saying I was just looking at a bigger picture.

I was looking at where we are now with politics,and thinking how easy it would be to exploite people if they have not got a sturdy set of does and dont's that obviously should be fair for everyone.They changed the does and dont's to suit just the rich minority.Politics was set up to fail it was only ever a con game.So if I could use these tactics above so could they and they have done and kept it in the family for many years.

Yes, I agree.
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:

Ever see the movie "SPIN"? I think you would like it.
"There's no make-up here?"

Yes, I've seen it. The documentary shows segments recorded on satellite feeds before the shows actually started, or between commercial breaks.

I remember a part with Bill Clinton during his first presidential campaign being interviewed by Larry King, and King told him (I think) that Ted Turner was a fan of his. Clinton sounded surprised and pleased to hear this.

(Incidentally, Turner's been buying up land from New Mexico to South Dakota/Montana; what's he gonna do, build his own railroad or interstate from Mexico to Canada??? http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gzQ1Ugb4z0PvFWUYh8Ll-YYQTangD8T6U9V00 )

Church of Crac motto:
"The End is Nigh. Give me a Dollar."

--Cracrocrates
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracrocrates wrote:

mostly positive reviews
Huckabee came off well ( I knew nothing about him at the time),

Now that I know more about him, I realize now that Huckabee is completely unelectable because of two reasons:

1) he's for the "Fair Tax", a 23% Federal sales tax on new items
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12042007/postopinion/opedcolumnists/hucks_sales_tax_lunacy_958738.htm
Okay, so with local and state taxes, the middle class (most voters) will be agreeing to pay 23-40% taxes on almost anything new? How the F*CK is a consumption tax gonna sway the citizens of a country that prides itself on consumption? Even if it increases the value of the dollar to compensate, it's too radical to sway most people.

2) he personally freed a serial rapist (Wayne Dumond)who raped a cousin of Bill Clinton's http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/05/former-aide-contradicts-h_n_75519.html
who then raped and killed after being freed. Huckabee personally intervened according to one of his former aids, plus the parole board members said Huck intervened as well, even though he denies it .

Reading this like a novelist reads one of his flawed characters, there's no way Huckabee becomes the next President. The Fair Tax is too radical and rocks the tax code too much and Dumond is Huck's white equivalent of Willie Horton on crime.

The question is: when will the negative ads start , especially concerning the touchy personally-freeing-a-rapist-to-rape-and-murder issue?

If these two issues are not emphasized by the other candidates before the Republican primary, than Huck may win and become the obvious loser against the Democratic candidate, either Clinton (just imagine the coverage of the serial rapist issue when the opposition is female) or Obama.

If the two issues are brought up before the primaries, then he will become the obvious loser against the mainstream Republican candidates . Giuliana or Romney should have clear sailing with the fundy's being all depressed that their Baptist preacher prez candidate freed a rapist.

So Huckabee apparently seems to be in the race to diminish the value of the overtly fundy vote, maybe?

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Mocking the Democratic CNN-Youtube Debate of July 2007 Reply with quote

I watched the Democratic CNN-Youtube Debate from July 2007 about two weeks ago. I think that's more likely to qualify as "Worst Debate Ever" than the Republican one, which like I said, I actually kind of liked.

It's so bad that I decided to write a satirical piece mocking the debate using ALL of the actual 38 questions, in its own blog. WARNING: It may only be funny if you watched the actual debate, or at least realize that during a debate 15 months before the actual election, all the realistic candidates (not counting Gravel) are trying to do is not offend any potential voters.

It's satirical, but I'm not always trying to be funny either. It's funny as in, it would be funny if a candidate on stage actually said any of these things in public. Like being honest when someone asks a stupid question.

Well, worst come to worst, about a third of the jokes should work. Hopefully more.

With 38 questions, it ended up being too long (18 pages), so I chopped out a lot of political commentary and a few jokes for a shorter version (11 pages) as well.

Both versions are here:
http://waronhugs.blogspot.com/

The fictional character I'm using is probably like a more asshole cousin of General Cracky McCracken who became a senator and is running for president as the "honest" candidate, which he is. Too honest.

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY Reply with quote

Holy Jesus...most are predicting that Mike Huckabee is going to win the Republican Iowa caucus.

Looks like Giuliani screwed the pooch by campaigning only in Florida, when he used to be considered tied with Romney as the front-runners in all states. My guess is that Giuliani figured Huckabee was unelectable with that tax plan, and that potential Giuliani voters switched to Huckabee after the debates and Giuliani decided to ignore Iowa. Hell, Huckabee was even on Leno last night.

If Giuliani had campaigned in Iowa, Huck would have probably run out of money before South Carolina.

I think I can see the thinking process of pro-war Iowa Republicans:
    "1)Well, I was gonna vote for Giuliani, but he didn't even bothering showing up to my state, so 'ef 'im
    2) I'd vote for McCain, but he looks likes he's gonna drop dead any minute now
    3) Hell, I'm gonna vote for Mike Huckabee because
      a) There's no god damn way I'm letting a goddamned MORMON become president.
      b) Huckabee is a Christian and a minister.
      c) I can get a bumper sticker that says:"FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A FUCKABEE !"

alternate bumper sticker: "float like a butterfly, fuck like a huckabee"
........................................................................................
I'm going to convert to Christianity if Huckabee becomes president ... just so that I can denounce him as the Anti-christ. Didn't Jesus say something about Satan playing the guitar and asking for a 23% national sales tax?

And uh, isn't the whole prebate monthly check crap so that the poor don't have to pay the tax mean that the GUBMENT is tracking all sales - not just at the retail & state levels as now since retailers pay and report monthly or quarterly sales taxes - but tracking all sales at the INDIVIDUAL level by one unified Federal GUBMENT?

Maybe I still don't understand it, but to me, it sounds like it should be called "THE FUCKED TAX" instead of "THE FAIR TAX."

2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist."

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: