FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
History: Fiction or Science?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

city trader wrote:

Do you think UFO's are hi tech Question
"telepathically." Divinely inspired.
There everywhere books, films, news,ect.

Cluttering a thread by re-posting AN ENTIRE POST would get you banned on other forums.
Here, it probably won't get someone banned, though it is IMPOLITE.
If you press the "quote" button, delete whatever is not relevant to your reply to make the post shorter, leaving ellipses to denote omissions.

And again...if you want to discuss UFO or telepathy, this is NOT the thread to focus on that stuff.
This is a NEW CHRONOLOGY /FOMENKO thread.
Quote:
Solution to what. Question

"planetary alignment" solution...more than one time period when that particular alignment of planets could have happened

Church of Crac motto:
"The End is Nigh. Give me a Dollar."

--Cracrocrates
city trader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"planetary alignment" solution...more than one time period when that particular alignment of planets could have happened

"one time period"

Then it would set a new DATUM whilst not affecting the early one and you can use them to check Timelines, CHRONOLOGY.

"This is a NEW CHRONOLOGY /FOMENKO thread."

If this thread is a blog, i wont post on it.
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

city trader wrote:
""one time period"

More than one date possible. Example, a particular alignment or eclipse might happen every 500 or so years, or something like that.

Quote:
If this thread is a blog, i wont post on it.

No. It's NOT a blog.
BFN has threads, not blogs.
This thread was started by Jerry Fletcher.
Individuals start thread topics, people comment.

But from about page 5 as of now, way more than half the posts on this thread are mine. I've spent a lot of time researching and reading Fomenko, and regurgitating what I've read into summary posts or posts of excerpts. Most of my Fomenko/NewChron summary posts (pages 5 thru 9 especially) I think have been well-received by BFN members. Others have posted comments on the excerpts, and I have usually replied back.

We try to learn from each others posts.
I had never heard of the Francis Bacon/Shakespeare comparisons before, for example.

Like I said previously, I think I jumped the shark with a post on MLK Plagiarism post which was not chronology-related. I'm leaving that post and a few others in this thread since others have commented on those posts. But I'm going to try to stick to chronology related topics IN THIS THREAD from here on out, with posting other historical or political interests IN THEIR OWN THREAD.

The first two Fomenko History or Science chronology books can be read online at Google Books http://books.google.com/books?q=fomenko+chronology+1&btnG=Search+Books
If you want to intelligently comment in this thread, please take the time to read at least the Prefaces and Chapter 1 in the first book, Chronology 1, as well as reading the posts in this thread from Page 1 thru Page 9.

If you don't have the interest to read at least that much, then you probably shouldn't be posting in this thread.

ALSO, BFN has a "search" feature where you can search posts here
http://breakfornews.com/forum/search.php
Topics or information you want to know about may have already been started earlier and commented on by various members. A lot of the topics on BFN are political especially those in General Discussion, though there are also other sections like
Health http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
Understanding Our Reality http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
The Thinking Zone http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

You can start a new thread in any of these sections by clicking on "new topic" and putting the name of the topic in the subject line. If people don't respond (which happens) its YOUR choice to continue posting in your thread until perhaps others become interested as well, or you realize that as of now, no BFN member is interested in commenting on the topic you created. {Note: Most members probably consider Alien/UFO-related stuff a big psyop...though there have been heavy threads in the past by John Muir on military plane designs and technologies} Anything really tangential may belong in The Thinking Zone.

If you feel you don't know enough to start your own topic or comment intelligently, don't worry, MOST OF US here spent a few months "lurking" reading posts and threads by others before we felt comfortable enough to make our own comments. At least that's what I did, and what a few other members have posted in comments on BFN.

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates

Last edited by Cracrocrates on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
city trader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
More than one date possible. Example, a particular alignment or eclipse might happen every 500 or so years, or something like that.

"Then it would set a new DATUM whilst not affecting the early one and you can use them to check Timelines, CHRONOLOGY."

I see, i thought so.

(edit) Just to clear that up "the latter of which is heavily laden with UFO posts" 7 articles. Most of what you see in the film's is ment metaphorically.The same as the Matrix for example. Matrix reloaded is not inspired just mimic junk as is star wars 1-2-3
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James D wrote:
Battle of the Boyne 1690, the "Battle that never was"!
Do you remember this old audio from Fintan :-

Yes and no. I listened to that audio two or three times months ago, and can't remember a word of it. It's like voodoo to me. I don't remember a single fact from the audio that I wanted to follow up on at the time. Maybe I'll try to listen to it again in the next week or two and see if I come to the same conclusion.

Quote:
And what about those prehistoric sites?
Stonehenge seems more primitive (and so older?) than the Pryamids
and Calanais(Callanish) on the Isle of Lewis, NW Scotland looks even older.
Here's some photos here :-
http://www.calanaisstones.co.uk/gallery.php
Who built these stone structures? And when?

Neat photos, especially this one.
http://www.calanaisstones.co.uk/gallery/callanishmoon0001.jpg
But as for age of that or Stonehenge, what I would want to know is:
What is the first written record of the megalith structures ?
Stonehenge has all these sketch hypothetical mythical Druid accounts to its origins, with I think has few or no written records. Like the Great Wall of China, maybe, which I posted about earlier ? With such famous structures, one would naturally expect to find paintings of them at least a few hundred years old at a minimum, right ?

Quote:
Where do the Celts fit into all of this?

Fomenko's discussion of supposedly pre-Christian cultures starts here
(the theory is that the "pre-Christian cults" are actually just Christian derivations)
http://books.google.com/books?q=history+fomenko+celts&btnG=Search+Books .
Mentions the habit of chronologers to adhere to the Scaligerian dialogue. The page mentions how a particular Celtic monument found in 1771 was dated as pre-Christian, even though the inscription of the deity clearly says ESUS.

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates
duane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=18840220&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=6

Challenging History - The Dead Sea Scrolls

The Moshe Leah Scroll from China seems to throw a monkey wrench into the dating.
i saw the title and said Cracrocrates would enjoy this. Very Happy

Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duane wrote:
Challenging History - The Dead Sea Scrolls
The Moshe Leah Scroll from China seems to throw a monkey wrench into the dating.
i saw the title and said Cracrocrates would enjoy this. Very Happy

Yes, I did enjoy that article Smile

Man those scholars keep seeing & debating new ink colors in the Dead Sea Scrolls the more they look...maybe its time for them to cut down on the hallucinogens at work?

Excerpt about various metals found in the Dead Sea Scrolls
Quote:
http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=18840220&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=6
A Mysterious Metal

One of the best-kept secrets of the Dead Sea Scrolls has been the discovery of metals in the black ink. That finding was buried in unpublished results, and wasn't unearthed until 1996. The presence of metals further points to the scrolls being of medieval origin.
Scientific testing of the scrolls in the early 1950s found silver, manganese, iron and other metals in the black ink used on the scrolls. Scholars tried to downplay the discovery of these metals by saying that some of them, like copper and lead, were byproducts of leaching from a bronze inkwell. Yet silver, manganese and iron are not components in the making of bronze. The 1990s tests also detected the presence of strontium and titanium but could not tell if they were pure. (In its purest form, neither element was isolated until the 1800s.)

The presence of metals also contradicts the scholarly claim that the authors of the scrolls used Dead Sea water for ink, for the salty water contains no titanium, according to a chart of a scientific study from an Ivy League physicist. Scholars tell us that ink spiked with metals came after the writing of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Others tests revealed that cinnabar, a metal, was the prime element used in much of the red ink. Yet in biblical times, cinnabar was extremely expensive. Only King Herod himself could afford it for use as paint - and the authors of the scrolls called themselves "the poor" (a Christian term).
Cinnabar was not commonly used for ink in the Middle East until almost 1,000 years later. Scholars assume that the cinnabar on the scrolls came from Spain, but it was invented by the Chinese for ink. Arabs put metal in ink and probably borrowed the manufacture of cinnabar ink from the Chinese and made it very inexpensively.

Also, metals are corrosive on leather. After just 200 years, they begin to eat through the inked area. Many medieval texts with iron- or cinnabar-based ink have holes in the manuscripts where the ink was used. But from the color photos, there are no holes in the Dead Sea Scrolls in the areas of the cinnabar red ink, which suggests the process is just starting - and pinpoints the scrolls on a much shorter timeline.

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates

Last edited by Cracrocrates on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: The Gold Koran Reply with quote

The Gold Koran

A few days ago, I was in a fast food restaurant that had a T.V. on FoxNews...one of the stories being about the GOLD KORAN, which Russia apparently is going to make 2 gold copies of the supposed 9th century gold original for good p.r. among Islamic states and its own Muslim minority. But I guess that's one way to get around the paper & parchment decaying and questionable dating problem - PAGES MADE OF GOLD.

My first instinct was "Hey, I wonder if this "thousand-year-old" masterpiece was created BEFORE or AFTER 9/11"...turns out, its older than I thought...at least 1942 old, perhaps even 18th century. Man, one would have thought that the Turks would have kept better track of a GOLD KORAN and all. And what the hell was Johns Hopkins U doing with the original Gold Koran in 1942? Just found it lying around ? I think Johns Hopkins established the first "political science" department in the country. Their site on the Gold Koran is at http://goldkoran.mse.jhu.edu/

Quote:
http://www.museum-security.org/00/035.html
February 29, 2000
9th Century Koran Returned to Turkey
By STEPHEN MANNING

BALTIMORE (AP) -- John Hopkins University on Monday returned a section of a rare ninth century Koran to Turkey, which will reunite it with the rest of the holy book at an Istanbul museum. The first 18 chapters of the Gold Koran disappeared from Turkey sometime after 1756. The section entered the Hopkins collection in 1942 as part of a bequest of rare books. In 1998 it was appraised at between $1.9 million and $2.9 million. "I am pleased that this Koran will now be restored to its original home and reclaim its place as an important part of the Turkish national heritage,'' M. Istemihan Talay, minister of culture for Turkey, said during a ceremony at the Turkish Embassy in Washington. The Gold Koran is believed to have been created in either north Africa or an area that is part of modern-day Iraq. It is written in the early Arabic script Kufa, with lettering made of gold leaf. "This is the only intact example of the practice of copying the Koran into gold,'' said Marianna Shreve Simpson, director of curatorial affairs for the Walters Art Gallery in Baltimore. The half that wound up at Hopkins was last recorded in Turkey during an inventory conducted in 1756. Hopkins found out in 1993 that its section was part of a larger work but had no evidence it was improperly removed from Turkey, said James G. Neal, the university's dean of libraries. The Turkish Embassy asked Hopkins to return the rare document after it was displayed at the Walters Art Gallery in 1997. School officials decided to do so because its origin was unclear. As part of an agreement signed Monday, Turkey acknowledged that Hopkins did not act improperly in obtaining the Gold Koran. The section will be housed with the rest of the work in the Nuruosmaniye Library.

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates
James D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least there will be some competition for the works of L. Ron Hubbard - the founder of Scientology, in the distant future, should everything here go to the wall and civilisation collapse. Future generations might have something else to read or have a different historical reference - or let's hope!

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/la90/la90-1f.html

Quote:

Church Scriptures Get High-Tech Protection
(Sunday, 24 June 1990, page A40:5)

Scientology is determined that the words of L. Ron Hubbard shall live forever.

Using state-of-the art technology, the movement has spent more than $15 million to protect Hubbard's original writings, tape-recorded lectures and filmed treatises from natural and man-made calamities, including nuclear holocaust.

[...]

At the Arrowhead repository, sophisticated methods are being used to prepare Hubbard's works for the bomb-proof vaults. Here, according to Scientology officials and documents, is the process:

First, the original writings are chemically treated to rid the paper of acid that causes deterioration. Next, they are placed in plastic envelopes that church officials say will last 1,000 years.

From there, they are packaged in titanium "time capsules" filled with argon gas to further aid preservation.

Hubbard's writings also are being etched onto stainless steel plates with a strong acid. Scientology officials said the plates are so durable that they can be sprayed with salt water for 1,000 years and not deteriorate.

As for Hubbard's taped lectures, they are being re-recorded onto special "pure gold" compact discs encased in glass that, according to Scientology archvists, are "designed to last at least 1,000 years with no deterioration of sound quality."

Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good summary post of Fomenko's Chronology 1
"The paradigm of the New Mathematically Correct Chronology"
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread225240/pg1

The main change I spotted in Chronology 2 (and which differs from that summary post) is that Fomenko adds about another 100 years or so to the estimated date of Jesus's crucifixion based on his dating of the 3-hour solar eclipse in the Gospels, "Now from the sixth hour there was darkness all over the land unto the ninth hour" (Matthew 27:45). Fomenko's discussion of the true dating of the evangelical eclipse is on pages 52-57 here
http://books.google.com/books?q=fomenko+true+dating+evangelical+eclipse&btnG=Search+Books
Some interesting medieval artwork on pages 55 and 56 concerning the crucifixion depiction with the sun and moon overhead.

So, Fomenko's date for the crucifixion is now: 1185 May 1.
MAY FIRST. Christ was crucified on MAY DAY ?!?!
It gives either a whole new meaning to May Day, or is this just his Soviet bias showing...or both?
Fomenko wrote a book just on Jesus, in Russian only for now, called King of the Slavs.
(Man, can you imagine if the date had been on...JULY 4 ? I can hear the bizarro cultural explanations a century from now..."And the fireworks in the sky represent... our spiritual commitment to Christ, and these uh,sparklers represent the blood that spilled from Jesus's blessed wounds")

Excerpt from that summary post about Roman numerals and dates
Quote:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread225240/pg1
The letter "X" formerly denoted the name of Christ, but was later proclaimed to stand for the figure of ten. The letter "I" formerly denoted the name of Jesus, but was later proclaimed to be the indication of one thousand.

The first method: abbreviated form of recording. For instance, "the III century since Christ" could be recorded briefly as "X.III", "X" being the first letter of the Greek word XPICTOC (Christ). The letter X is one of the prevalent mediaeval anagrams for the name of Christ. Thus, the phrase "Christ’s Ist century"’ when abbreviated, could read as "X.I", the phrase "Christ’s II century" could read as "X.II", and so on. These abbreviations may possibly have caused the appearance of the contemporary designation for centuries. However, as of a certain later time the mediaeval chronologists suggested that the letter "X" in the beginning of a date should stand for the figure of "ten". Such interpretation automatically adds a thousand years to the initial date. Thus, an erroneous date appears, a thousand years more ancient than the real one. See p-337

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Then how old does that make me? Reply with quote

I have been following this thread with some interest. Kudos Crac for the tenacity. My question centers around the aptitude for all those darn monks etc. that kept retranslating and recopying the scriptures to say nothing of the revisionist PTW (powers that were) being interested in including the "rage of the day" to make sure that the peeps understood the reference and how it obliged them to continue to owe fealty......

Eclipses, shining stars, sun/moon interactions.....poetic licence applies to several retranscriptions. I would expect that Fomenko has done his research but surely there are plenty of disculpatory or confirming sources that refute the millennial redate? (eg. All the hope for the resurrection at the turn of the first millenium.....if he hadn't been born at that time, it would be hard to expect him to return, no?)

Cracrocrates

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Then how old does that make me? Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
.... My question centers around the aptitude for all those darn monks etc. that kept retranslating and recopying the scriptures to say nothing of the revisionist PTW (powers that were)....Eclipses, shining stars, sun/moon interactions.....poetic licence applies to several retranscriptions. I would expect that Fomenko has done his research...

Well, with any currently existing and publicly available source, I'm pretty sure Fomenko was thorough as possible, going back to Greek and Latin copied texts; at least he did this for the info I cited in my Vampire Jesus post http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27835#27835 . He wrote up a follow up book just on Jesus, so he has more than just a passing interest on the phenomenon.

HOWEVER, at this point, I'm still at a loss at understanding why Chrisitianity started, when the Catholic Church formed, who Jesus was if he even existed, and the place of the "Gospels" or any work of "scripture"...even if the scriptures were copied without error. And if they were copied with errors or changed by PTW or PTB, maybe that's why comedians like Bill Maher say that the Bible reads like a MadLibs word game: "hey look, Eve came from Adam's...rib ." Like I questioned before in this post http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28379#28379 ,
"JESUS CHRIST = BASIL THE GREAT = POPE GREGORY HILDEBRAND = ANDRONICUS" and now add as another possible reflection JOSHUA (excerpt below).

Fomenko seems to believe that the world's other religions began with Jesus and Christianity, and the rest are derivations from it. He also believes that the Apocalypse mentioned in Revelation was for a time period (give or take a few years) around 1492, and that Jesus may be buried in Istanbul at a site currently believed to be the grave of (Saint?) Joshua.
Quote:
Excerpt from Chronology 2, page 77

However, according to our reconstruction, Joshua
son of Nun is merely another name of Jesus Christ
(Andronicus), qv below; one can thus suggest that
this tallest hill of the Upper Bosporus might really be
the famous Golgotha where they crucified Christ.

Since we doubt that all of our readers have heard
or read about the "grave of Joshua son of Nun", we
shall tell its story in brief. Jalal Assad, the famous
Muslim author of the XIX century
tells us that "if
one is to follow the Asian coast of the Bosporus, one
comes to a small bunder by the name of Sutluge,
which is where the path to the tallest hill of the Upper
Bosporus. On top of this hill (180 metres above the
sea level) there is the grave of Joshua son of Nun, or Iou-
shah... There are many different superstitions con-
cerning this gigantic grave, which is four metres long
and half a metre wide. According to one opinion, this
used to be the bed of Heracles; some others deem
this to be the grave of Amycus killed by Polydeuces
[Polydes, or Pilates? - A. F.]. Muslims believe this to
be the grave of Joshua, son of Nun. Many travel
there. .. in hope of curing their ills.

One sees some Byzantine ruins on the top of this
hill - possibly the ruins of the Church of St. Pan-
taleimon, as well as a holy spring. .. in the Byzantine
epoch this place was called the Bed of Heracles. .. the
renowned village of Beykos is located at the foot of
this hill; this is where the Argonauts came to replen-
ish their supply of food, and also the place where king
Amycus was killed"
([240], pages 76-77).

Peter wrote:
... but surely there are plenty of disculpatory or confirming sources that refute the millennial redate? (eg. All the hope for the resurrection at the turn of the first millenium.....if he hadn't been born at that time, it would be hard to expect him to return, no?)

NOW, this question I can answer better.
Have you ever read about apocalyptic cults?
They seem to span ALL OF KNOWN HUMAN HISTORY,
and I have a good guess why:
HUMANS ARE MORTAL.

So, I imagine that those cults are first formed by mostly middle-aged or elderly people who realize that parts of life sucks for some reason or other, so uh, God's gonna off almost everyone and create a New Age of Enlightenment after getting ridding of the sucky parts of his blessed Creation. Even without an Apocalypse, most of these cultists would have about 20 to 30 years of LIFE ON EARTH left regardless on average...which also seems to coincide with when exactly their "estimate" of the Date of the Coming Apocalypse. And when the Apocalypse doesn't come, these idiots extend the timeline by one or more generations, until followers lose complete interest in the bullshit or the date of the Apocalypse is post-poned to some way distant future or its agreed that The End will Come only When God decides.

And what I said above doesn't take into account possible reasons of taking advantage of people for political/power/wealth reasons, and /or CIA influences.

Some light reading on apocalyptic cults:
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalyptic
2. http://www.neatorama.com/2007/01/24/fun-facts-about-the-end-of-the-world/ "Fun Facts About the End of the World"

Quote:
Excerpt from http://www.neatorama.com/2007/01/24/fun-facts-about-the-end-of-the-world/

Henry Adams
Famous for: being the grandson and great-grandson of American presidents and writing the memoir The Education of Henry Adams, which Modern Library named the Best Nonfiction Book of the 20th century.

Prophecy: In his old age, with the confidence of a man who would not live to be proved wrong, Adams declared the world as we know it would end in 1921.

What Happened Instead: Adams’ world as he knew it ended in 1918.

Anyway, FOMENKO'S historical (not astronomical) reasons for dating the Book of Revelations to year 1486 A.D. starts on page 160 of Chronology 1
http://books.google.com/books?q=fomenko+1486+Doomsday&btnG=Search+Books

Quote:
Excerpt from Chronology 1, pages 160-161

Why is 1486 the most congruous dating for the
writing of the Apocalypse in our reconstruction? As
it is well known, the Apocalypse is primarily con-
cerned with all matters related to Doomsday. ((The
Apocalypse and its visions (apart from the first three
chapters)... is an image of the final hour of the
World. .. or the Eschaton, and it must serve as a man-
ual for the Revelations" ([845], Book 3, Volume 11,
page 511). But that year, when the entire mediaeval
Christian world anticipated Doomsday in terror, is
well known to history. This is 1492 A.D. which was
year 7000 from Adam of the Byzantine era. According
to the tradition of the epoch, Doomsday was sup-
posed to fall on this year precisely.

The Apocalypse is thus concerned with the advent
of the Judgement Day, expected in 1492 A.D. The first
lines of the Apocalypse state explicitly: "Because the
time is near» (AP 1:3). That should mean the prox-
imity of the year 1492 A.D., or the year 7000 since
Adam. Note that it was in 1492, that Columbus set
out to sea, in the age of Doomsday expectations.
Therefore, our independent astronomical dating
of the Apocalypse to 1486 A.D. - that is, 6994 years
from Adam - corresponds ideally with the content of
the book. The Apocalypse was written only six years
before the expected End of the World in the fifteenth
century..

Dating the Apocalypse to the end of the fifteenth
century also corresponds ideally with our formal
mathematical result as discussed in CHRONl, Chapter
5:9.3. The result lies in the fact that chronologically
the Apocalypse must not be considered the last book
of the Bible canon, but, rather, one of the first books
of the Old Testament. That is, the Apocalypse chrono-
logically occurs simultaneously with the Pentateuch
of Moses and not with the Gospels. Let us recall that
the contemporary Bible begins precisely with the
Pentateuch of Moses.

In other words, the Apocalypse is chronologically
incorrectly placed in the Bible next to the Gospels. It
was written much later than the Gospels. The Gospels,
according to our reconstruction, describe the events
of XI century. See more details below.
The Apocalypse predicts Judgement Day masking
the prediction with astronomical symbolism.
However, it is possible that this symbolism was ob-
scured in the subsequent editions of the XVI-XVII
centuries. An astronomical horoscope is encrypted
in the Apocalypse, and provides for the possibility of
dating it. The date of the horoscope is 1 October 1486,
which ideally corresponds to the expected mediaeval
date of the Judgement Day in 1492, which is explained
well by our reconstruction.

The Apocalypse was most likely written at the end
of the fifteenth century A.D., several years before what
the entire mediaeval Christian world perceived as the
impending Judgement Day in the year 7.000 since
Adam, or 1492 A.D. Deep fear of this event is vividly
reflected in the Apocalypse.

So, I think Fomenko is saying that year 1492 A.D. was also the year at the time expected to be Year 7000 from Adam, so that would have had a millenial expectation as well.

REGARDLESS OF THIS MILLENIAL ASPECT, THE MIDDLE & DARK AGES WERE KNOWN FOR THEIR OWN APOCALYPTIC CULTS OR SENTIMENTS.
Look at the artwork on PAGES 162-163 especially (with other artwork thru page 166) of the depiction of the Biblical Apocalypse

Quote:
Excerpt from Chronology 1, from Page 161 and Page 163

After having astronomically dated the Apocalypse
to the end of the XV century, it is interesting to eval-
uate the mediaeval illustrations to this Biblical text
from an entirely new point of view. A mediaeval XVI
century picture of the Apocalypse can be seen on
fig. 3.41 ([745], Volume 8, page 442). We see a rider
who is shooting a musket (figure 3.42). The lock of
the musket is quite visible. The rider pulls the trig-
ger, and the barrel disgorges fire. The powder horn
can be seen attached to the barrel. The word "Death"
is written above the rider. We see that mediaeval artists
reflected the realities of the epoch when the Apoca-
lypse was written in their illustrations. It is well known
that firearms, muskets, and guns were already widely
used on the XV century battlefields. For example, in
the Constantinople siege of 1453, the Ottomans used
heavy artillery ([240).

Another XVI century illustration from the Apo-
calypse ([ 745], Volume 8, page 45 I and fig. 3.43) shows
the destruction made by an angel "blowing into the
pipe" from which a fountain of flame escapes. This
very probably depicts a mediaeval gun, shooting with
either cannonballs or case-shot. The mediaeval artist
depicted the flame of a large explosion where the ball
landed. Apparently, in the Middle Ages guns were
sometimes referred to and depicted as pipes belching
fire and smoke. This tradition of depicting guns on the
illustrations to the Apocalypse survived until as re-
centlyas the XVIII century.

Figure 3.44 provides an il-
lustration from the Commented Apocalypse of 1799
([7451. Volume 9, page 485). On the whole, the sub-
ject is the same as that of the XV I century illustration
- an angel "blowing into a pipe" disgorging fire. We
also see the flames rising from the explosion of the
missile at a distance. A gunshot is even better visible
in the mediaeval illustration to the Apocalypse which
one sees on fig. 3.45 (see 1745], Volume 9. page 486).
Above we can see the "pipe," into which the angel
blows. The flame escapes the pipe, and we see a far-
away explosion of the projectile hitting the ground.
From the XV century and on, guns invoked terror
in Europe. The appearance of such terrifying images
on the illustrations to the recently written Apocalypse
was therefore campletely natural. All of this, albeit in-
directly, confirms our astronomical dating of the
Apocalypse to the end of the fifteenth century.

Church of Crac motto:

--Cracrocrates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: