FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Nature of Reality

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
Ozregeneration



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 485
Location: Big Island Down Under

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: The Nature of Reality Reply with quote

Greetings,

Today I listened to an audio from The Wonders which was from a series on The Nature of Reality done back in Dec 1999. The titled of this one is called Reality - what is it really. The full audio can be heard via this link. I had typed up a large portion of what was said but there is still much more on the audio. It is a perspective which I find interesting and maybe others do too.

Quote:
That which you perceive as your reality is a series of events, a series of occurrences, a series of choices, built one upon the other that in the building manifest themselves in such a fashion as to create for you a circumstance of existence that moves you from one direction to another direction.


Quote:
Every aspect of your existence forms the basis of your choices. When you are at ease with your circumstances, choice is made easy. When you are frightened by circumstances, choice becomes difficult.


Quote:
The need within yourself to maintain your perceptions of reality, as based upon your daily choices, is a need driven by fear. As a result you can find yourself limiting the extent of your existence, by limiting the extent of your choices, by limiting the extent of your perception of the availability of your choices in your existence. You then find yourself moving to the basis of reality on the basis of the limitations of your existence.


Quote:
From there, if reality is not just based on the limitations imposed by the self, what is reality in truth? Reality in truth, encompasses your perceptions of daily existence and moves beyond the ego personality’s perceptions, to the flow of energy that moves throughout the universe (universal energy). Which as a result of your perceptions and others perceptions begins to comprise a perception, and yes an illusion, a play, where the players are pre-chosen and everyone plays their part. To a degree, reality encompasses all this…Reality is all a play and you can move beyond this.


Quote:
Your reality, that which you see around you on a daily basis; that which forms your society, your daily life; that which you see as being the instrument of your choices; that which you perceive as being that which drives you, which moves you; all of that is encompassed in reality. But it is not the totality of reality and that’s the key. What you see, what you perceive, is based upon your limited perceptions of reality.


Quote:
An example
When you look through the small end of a funnel you perceive a large image at the other end. Now when you look through the large end you perceive a small image at the other end. The nature of your reality is similar to that concept. The majority of people look at their reality through the large end and see a small portion of existence, while others look through the small end and see a larger portion of existence. But regardless, you still view reality through a funnel, through a limited perspective. As a result therefore, there is limitations in your reality.


Quote:
From that perspective, when you look at existence and you see a small portion of existence, it shaves the way you interact with that portion. It limits you, it moves you, and forces you into choices, circumstances and opportunities that from the perspective of your view can only be perceived through the funnel you are looking through. So from the perspective of your view, if you view reality to a limited degree, then every choice in your existence will fall within that limited degree.


The Wonders then gave an example comparing the perspectives between someone living in middle-class Maine and another in Harlem.

In the example, being able to choose is something that both have in common.

Quote:
From the perspective of that which exists around you recognise that every choice you have made from the moment of your birth, in fact even prior top your birth, to this moment in time has served to define, to form, to create, to manifest the very existence in which you exist. Each choice has lead you to this point in time. Each choice has lead you to this moment.


Quote:
If the expectation is that choice will not affect reality, then you have just created a reality in which choice will not affect your reality. But we assure you that choice did. And the choice to not choose, or the choice to not use the opportunity for choice to alter your reality, that is still a choice.


Quote:
Your reality, that which you see around you, that which you can touch, you can feel, you can sense; you see and touch the tables, chairs, cars, house, all of this. All of this forms part of the reality in which you exist. Because it forms part of the reality, you see yourself living within the limitations of that reality. As we have suggested, if you were in Harlem the limitations were much different than if you were in Maine. But, the key is to recognise, that that which you formed, that which you touch, that which you feel, that which you perceive around you, is created by you. Not only you, but by you.


Quote:
Think of it from the perspective of our example Harlem vs Maine. An individual in Harlem, by choice, could shift and alter the circumstances of their existence such that they live in Maine. An individual in Maine, by choice, could shift and alter the circumstances of their existence such that they live in Harlem. Can be done. Would it be done? Depending on the individual. The key however is to recognise that it is each individuals choice. So if you can shift your existence such that you move from Harlem to Maine or Maine to Harlem, why not then perceive your existence as the series of choices for which it is, and then shift the choices to create the existence that you would like to create.


Quote:
Some individuals are quite content with the existence they live in and so they would not choose differently. But the choice they would make would be to maintain that which they have created, that is a choice. Most individuals however would gladly shift their choices but they see themselves as unable to. And as a result, they find themselves struggling with the concept that choice is a creator of their existence. As a result they choose not to choose differently and spend most of their time complaining about the circumstances of their existence without being willing to choose differently…And so the reality is created by a series of choices. We are speaking here about that which you perceive as your daily reality. That which you can touch, that which you can feel, that which you can smell, that which you can see, that which you can taste. In other words that which affects your 5 physical senses. That’s the reality right now that we are discussing with you. That which moves through your 5 physical senses is the perception of reality that you perceive…That which you can perceive through your 5 physical senses defines for you that which you perceive as reality. Because it fits with your 5 physical senses. It’s acceptable to your 5 physical senses. It is ‘real’ to your 5 physical senses. But is it reality? And we would suggest yes. Is it the totality of reality? And we would suggest no.


Quote:
Now move beyond the 5 physical senses and you move into an aspect of reality that in effect is the foundation, the building blocks of that which you see as reality. The reality that you perceive with your 5 physical senses is but the culmination of the energy movement of that which exists outside the 5 physical senses. In other words, it is a small focus, small portion of it. It is like having large portion of the funnel and looking through and all you see is the small portion at the end. What you see at the end is limited, but it is real because it is part of the 5 physical senses. But beyond that exists a great vastness that interacts to bring about that which you see at the end of the funnel. And that is the true nature of reality. It is the vastness of existence, that which moves, all of existence, that which manifests itself, that which creates, that which is the energy of movement in existence…That moment in time that movement has stopped in order to create something, that fits, can be defined by the 5 physical senses, is true. But that movement of energy that has stopped sufficiently, focused sufficiently, in order to define itself to your 5 physical senses; that movement of energy is but a part, a very small part, of the true nature of reality. Reality is flow it is constant movement. It is too and fro. It is not static. It is not, in effect, stopped. But that which you perceive as reality, you see it as stopped. You see it as static. You see it in a way that can only be perceived by your 5 physical senses. And recognise, your 5 physical senses are limited.


Quote:
The nature of reality is undefinable, unlimited, and as a result therefore, creative. Think of it, if you could not define yourselves based upon your perceptions of your 5 physical senses, how would you define yourselves? How would you perceive yourselves? How would you then manifest yourselves? If you allow imagination to enter into this particular equation then you discover that imagination would lead you in directions beyond the perspective of your 5 physical senses. And therefore assist you in creating a new reality based on a new perception which is imagined.


Quote:
Imagination leads you to create a reality and therefore you find yourself in a reality in which your 5 physical senses manifest themselves.


Quote:
Imagination is that which is leading you to create a reality sufficient to your 5 physical senses. And that the limitations you impose on your imagination is what maintains your perspective of this reality. It is the limitations that you impose on your imagination which limits the creation of your reality. For if you had no limitation on your imagination, anything could be created.


There was still about another 20 minutes of audio after this but you'll have to listen to the audio for the rest.

Cheers

_________________
Choices For Your Soul
http://www.choicesforyoursoul.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DrewTerry
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are aware of a dilemma of choice, then you are stuck - thinking about it, that is to be UN-conscousness;

when we want to be INconsciousness......OUTawareness.....

If we are thinking about thinking, or not or anything other than letting each second hit you in the face as if it were a fresh wave of water playing in the ocean at the beach - you don't think about it before it hits your face, you don't think about how it looked to anyone looking at you, you hopefully don't think about anything - and instead, just do and be. Human. Resonating. Evolving. Conscious. Aware. Creating our destiny - one breath at a time. Wink
Back to top
Ozregeneration



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 485
Location: Big Island Down Under

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrewTerry wrote:
If you are aware of a dilemma of choice, then you are stuck - thinking about it, that is to be UN-conscousness;

when we want to be INconsciousness......OUTawareness.....

If we are thinking about thinking, or not or anything other than letting each second hit you in the face as if it were a fresh wave of water playing in the ocean at the beach - you don't think about it before it hits your face, you don't think about how it looked to anyone looking at you, you hopefully don't think about anything - and instead, just do and be. Human. Resonating. Evolving. Conscious. Aware. Creating our destiny - one breath at a time. Wink


Greetings DrewTerry,

Couldn't agree more. They often talk about how we spend as much 95% (somewhere around that number) of our time justifying our choices rather than just choosing. Then if we don't like the result, choose again.

I guess the example he used was not so much to highlight a 'dilemma of choice' as it was to highlight the fact that each of us will dictate the life around us based on the choices we make.

Choosing in the moment, ideally made without having to go through a justification process, is something I will probably have to work on for the rest of my life. Though in each moment I am freeing myself up, the years of baggage takes many years to overcome. That is why it is critical to teach the children these principles at an early age. Also that they are sufficient.

_________________
Choices For Your Soul
http://www.choicesforyoursoul.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DrewTerry
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: What is to know...is not to think! Reply with quote

Ozregeneration wrote:
......each of us will dictate the life around us based on the choices we make....

• I don't think (pun intended) our time will be spent justifying existing circumstances;
• We spend time questioning circumstances we are expected to accept;
• As with everything else in life, all that is has purpose, even though we know not what purpose that is;
• To me, faith is knowing we don't need to know but when we need to know we will know what it is we need to know.

• What keeps us in the box not knowing is the idea that we think we should;
• Or that if we don't think enough then we won't know how to think;
• How much thinking is really about people not wanting to know what they would know if they stopped thinking so much?
• Probably more than we think! Very Happy
Back to top
Ozregeneration



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 485
Location: Big Island Down Under

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: What is to know...is not to think! Reply with quote

Greetings DrewTerry,
Ozregeneration wrote:
......each of us will dictate the life around us based on the choices we make....

Another quote from The Wonders:
Quote:
Reality is the result of imagination applied to choice and created by the mind.

DrewTerry wrote:

• I don't think (pun intended) our time will be spent justifying existing circumstances;

The suggestion was not that we will spent time justifying our choices but that we do now.

DrewTerry wrote:
• We spend time questioning circumstances we are expected to accept;

That is because by and large we are living from the perspective of fear. If we were truly living from the perspective of free choice we would simply choose.

DrewTerry wrote:
• As with everything else in life, all that is has purpose, even though we know not what purpose that is;

My guess is to experience itself via its separations.

DrewTerry wrote:
• To me, faith is knowing we don't need to know but when we need to know we will know what it is we need to know.

Agree

DrewTerry wrote:
• What keeps us in the box not knowing is the idea that we think we should;
• Or that if we don't think enough then we won't know how to think;
• How much thinking is really about people not wanting to know what they would know if they stopped thinking so much?
• Probably more than we think! Very Happy

Smile

_________________
Choices For Your Soul
http://www.choicesforyoursoul.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ozregeneration



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 485
Location: Big Island Down Under

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Is this all there is? Reply with quote

Greetings,

This is the second audio from The Nature of Reality series titled Is this all there is? and can be listened to here. It is a very interesting discussion where they talk about how each of our realities are created by observing others realities and using that as the basis of our own reality. And logic is nothing more than agreement of reality creations which is understandable if we use others to create our realities.

Enjoy. Very Happy


Quote:
Reality is the result of imagination applied to choice and created by the mind. Yourselves, your very reality, is created by the mind through your choices.

The nature of reality is intertwined with everything you choose, everything you imagine. Now add two individuals and get them imagining in two different directions. Because they imagine in different directions, each one is beginning to create a reality through imagination and choice. Now, by the very nature of imagination, there are similarities between imaginations. Not actual exactness, but there are similarities. If there are similarities between two individuals and their imaginations, imagine the similarities between 6 billion individuals and their imaginations. And because there are similarities, the similarities form the basis of that which you perceive as being third dimensional reality.

There are certain rules and regulations by which you live. You live in an environment, a society, a reality, whereby cause/effect occur. You live in a reality where fear is a driving force. You live in a reality where limits are manifest. And you live in a reality where choice is freedom. Is free. Exists. As a result, through these particular defining ‘limitations’ of reality, you create what you perceive to be your third dimensional reality. On the planet you exist on there is gravity, you create gravity. Not each individual, but as a whole. All consciousness manifest in this particular reality on this particular planet, create gravity. There are planets in your solar system where gravity does not exist….Gravity is a phenomenon that exists within the parameters of your reality, your solar system. There are solar systems that are gravity free as there are planets. But because you choose to incarnate in this particular time in space and time you experience the concept of gravity.

The concept of gravity is maintained by all consciousness within this particular reality. You, individually, from the moment you are born, from the moment you are conceived, you acquiess to the concept of gravity. It forms part of the very consciousness which exists within your cellular structure and which exists within the concept of the mind. Your DNA holds on to this particular concept of gravity’s existence, and you experience it. Each one of you, wholly, completely, experience it. So you form a greater consciousness, though individually you have your own, in which the concept of gravity exists. And you choose this. Notice we said, YOU choose this. You don’t have to accept that gravity exists, you can set that concept aside. It would require a shift within your belief structures. Not just within the mind and consciousness but also within the consciousness of your cellular structures, true, but it can be done.

The choice is that you choose to agree to a greater perspective of reality which is created through the imagination and choice and therefore the minds of all entities incarnated in this particular planet, this particular moment of space and time of third dimensional reality. And that’s the greater whole. From there, what you do with it is your choice…Gravity has certain benefits and is maintained by choice.

But if you perceived that gravity had no benefit to your existence, absolutely none, you then could, by choice, set aside the illusion of gravity. The say applies to water, to air, to earth, to the planet. Same applies to walls, buildings, same applies to every aspect of your existence which is a shared aspect. You could choose to participate or you could choose not to. That choice is yours.

The reality that you see around you, though from one perspective looks real, and defines the boundaries of your existence, we assure you, you have a choice. You can participate in it, or you can set it aside.

The mind is the tool that defines the parameters of your existence. It is the tool that limits your reality…The mind is a tool that can be directed by the you that is you. So as a tool you can direct the mind to view any object as solid or liquid. Think of it, put your finger on the table, the hand moves through the table. Why? Because the table is liquid, just like water. Can the mind do this? Absolutely.

Think of it from this perspective. If given the proper input, and by that we mean suggestion, the mind can create disease within your bodies simply by suggestions, then why not create the ability to alter and shift the physicality of that which you perceive around you. The mind is a very, very powerful tool we assure you. So powerful that most individuals never explore it. They never go beyond 1/10th of 1% of the total power of the mind.

If the mind is capable of shifting the very physicality, that which you perceive as a physicality, shift the perception of the physicality. Then the mind is able to create, given the proper direction, any reality you would choose.

…do you want a ripe beautiful apple? Why not simple create it in your hand. Why can it not be done? Because to you the cause and effect of your reality is such that to get an apple a seed must be planted, the seed must grow into a tree, the tree must move through the four different cycles of nature, and in the proper cycle the tree will bare fruit which will turn itself into an apple, which will eventually fall from the tree into your hand that you can then eat it. You have this all laid out in you minds. The very direction, the very cause and effects of nature of reality exists in your minds. This must occur before that, that must occur before that, and that must occur before that in order to get this. Think of it. You live an existence whereby nature has its cycles and you live by this. You define yourself by the very nature of these cycles.

Some of you experience depression in the winter months and you call it SAD (seasonally affected disorder), but mostly it is because you are sad. And so you use lack of sunlight to define yourselves by. It is a concept that was introduced to your consciousness and the mind being the tool that it is, created it. Did you direct it? Probably not.

Most creations, most of everything you see around you, most, and we do say most being the majority, of everything that you perceive part of you reality was created by minds. Yours and everyone else’s, by the minds, without direction.

…reality that you perceive around you is the equivalent of a child’s painting. It is beautiful to you because you created it. But we assure you it is the most haphazard, disconnected, unconnected, application of energy that existence has ever perceived. And existence sees it for what it is. But you don’t. And you can’t. Because your mind is the connector. The subconscious portion of the mind connects to all of existence. So through the mind you can begin to perceive the reality of your existence.

Now we said the reality that surrounds you is a direct construct of a group of minds put together. These group of minds were not given direction. In other words the minds were able to construct haphazardly, as they chose. And in the haphazardness they created logic. And that’s the conundrum of logic. Logic is the most illogical aspect of existence.

Think of it from this perspective as an example. A group of minds, lets call it 6 billion for arguments sake, got together and created. Each one individually began creating…one began creating and another began creating, and another began creating at the same time, one in the creation, because they are not disconnected, they are not entirely separate, the one mind perceived the others creation and created on the basis of that others creation. And that other perceiving the ones creation, created on the basis of that others creation. And that others creation, both of them, perceiving the others creation, created on the basis of that others creation. And so it went. And so it still goes. All of these perceiving their own creations and observing others creations are creating on the basis of the others creations, their own creations. Which is why you have an existence which all individuals can perceive equally. Because your mind is creating based on your observations of the others minds creations. So your using that as the basis of your creation as they are using your creation as a basis of theirs. And because all minds together form have created the reality in which you exist, and all minds are interacting with all the others to create independently of all others but based on their observation of all others. Then what you have is a reality that is constantly growing, flowing, altering and shifting but that exists within the similar parameters, exists within the similar limitations, and exists specifically on the same basis of each other’s creations. So one’s creation forms the basis of another’s and the others creation forms the basis of the one. So though you both create differently, you both create from the same source. From the same basis. And as a result therefore, though there is a difference in your creations, it is still defined by the basis on which you create, which is the parameter of your limitations. Which is why everyone looks around and says earth is to walk on, water is to swim in.

Now on that basis then you have one mind creating, another mind creating, another mind creating, and all of these minds then basing their creations on each other’s creations. Then you have a reality that is flowing, that is shifting, is growing, is altering. Some would call this mass consciousness. To a degree they would be accurate but they wouldn’t be entirely accurate. For it is more than simply mass consciousness, it is the very fabric of reality. On the basis of that fabric, you create your reality.

…to which degree have your observed yourselves so that you observe the reality of that which you are and not the judgement of that which you are. You have applied judgement to your observations regardless of what you say. Regardless of the degree to which you try to not apply judgement, you’ve applied judgement. But in the judgement you have observed, the observation then forms the basis of your creation. And because you have observed whatever it is you have observed about yourselves and that forms the basis of your creation, it also forms the basis of another’s creation because they have observed your observation of yourself and they’ve observed the basis on which you formed the creation of your reality and they use that to base their reality on, and to create from that. And the same as you would observe another and look at another and observe that which they observe about themselves and use that as the basis of your creation so to do they to you.

From that perspective therefore, reality, by it’s very nature, is not just imagination, created by choice through the application of the mind. But it is also the application of the mind to choice using imagination. And the application of the mind is not limited to the individual but moves beyond the individual. And if it moves beyond the individual then it is possible to recognise interconnection of yourself to everyone else. Observe your reality and observe the interconnection or the basis on which your reality was created using others perceptions of reality to create yours, and you will begin to observe the interconnection of yourself to all of other reality.

From that perspective can this be changed? Can you put your hand through the table, walk through walls, walk on water, breathe under water, swim in the air, live without gravity? Absolutely…When you begin to create your reality without observing another’s, and using that as the basis of creation, then you create a reality that others will observe and they then will create their reality based on their observation of your reality. Which is why some individuals can, out of thin air, produce a cigarette, out of thin air, can climb a rope, can sit on a bed of nails, why some individuals can create for themselves a reality that is manifest to their own sense of self and that others can then perceive these individuals creating that reality and agree to that creation because they observe another’s creation and use that as the basis on which they create their reality.

_________________
Choices For Your Soul
http://www.choicesforyoursoul.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Theme xand created by spleen.