FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Bush Senior Was CIA All Along
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Bush Senior Was CIA All Along Reply with quote

So Poppy was a CIA Man all Along eh?

And it follows he WAS the George Bush in the Dallas CIA Memo...

Curiouser and curiouser.

Quote:

View Declassified Document:
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=12758&relPageId=2

A Real News Exclusive
Bush Senior Early CIA Ties Revealed

By Russ Baker and Jonathan Z. Larsen | The Real News Project

January 8, 2007

NEW YORK--Newly released internal CIA documents assert that former president George Herbert Walker Bush's oil company emerged from a 1950's collaboration with a covert CIA officer.

Bush has long denied allegations that he had connections to the intelligence community prior to 1976, when he became Central Intelligence Agency director under President Gerald Ford. At the time, he described his appointment as a 'real shocker.'

But the freshly uncovered memos contend that Bush maintained a close personal and business relationship for decades with a CIA staff employee who, according to those CIA documents, was instrumental in the establishment of Bush's oil venture, Zapata, in the early 1950s, and who would later accompany Bush to Vietnam as a “cleared and witting commercial asset” of the agency.

According to a CIA internal memo dated November 29, 1975, Bush's original oil company, Zapata Petroleum, began in 1953 through joint efforts with Thomas J. Devine, a CIA staffer who had resigned his agency position that same year to go into private business. The '75 memo describes Devine as an “oil wild-catting associate of Mr. Bush.” The memo is attached to an earlier memo written in 1968, which lays out how Devine resumed work for the secret agency under commercial cover beginning in 1963.

“Their joint activities culminated in the establishment of Zapata Oil,” the memo reads. In fact, early Zapata corporate filings do not seem to reflect Devine's role in the company, suggesting that it may have been covert. Yet other documents do show Thomas Devine on the board of an affiliated Bush company, Zapata Offshore, in January, 1965, more than a year after he had resumed work for the spy agency.

It was while Devine was in his new CIA capacity as a commercial cover officer that he accompanied Bush to Vietnam the day after Christmas in 1967, remaining in the country with the newly elected congressman from Texas until January 11, 1968. Whatever information the duo was seeking, they left just in the nick of time. Only three weeks after the two men departed Saigon, the North Vietnamese and their Communist allies launched the Tet offensive with seventy thousand troops pre-positioned in more than 100 cities and towns.

While the elder Bush was in Vietnam with Devine, George W. Bush was making contact with representatives of the Texas Air National Guard, using his father's connections to join up with an elite, Houston-based Guard unit - thus avoiding overseas combat service in a war that the Bushes strongly supported.

The new revelation about George H.W. Bush's CIA friend and fellow Zapata Offshore board member will surely fuel further speculation that Bush himself had his own associations with the agency.

Indeed, Zapata's annual reports portray a bewildering range of global activities, in the Mideast, Asia and the Caribbean (including off Cuba) that seem outsized for the company's modest bottom line. In his autobiography, Bush declares that “I'd come to the CIA with some general knowledge of how it operated' and that his 'overseas contacts as a businessman' justified President Nixon's appointing him as UN ambassador, a decision that at the time was highly controversial.

Previously disclosed FBI files include a memo from bureau director J. Edgar Hoover, noting that his organization had given a briefing to two men in the intelligence community on November 23, 1963, the day after the assassination of John F. Kennedy. The memo refers to one as “Mr. George Bush of the Central Intelligence Agency” and the other as “Captain William Edwards of the Defense Intelligence Agency.”

When Nation magazine contributor Joseph McBride first uncovered this document in 1988, George Herbert Walker Bush, then vice president and seeking the presidency, insisted through a spokesman that he was not the man mentioned in the memo: "I was in Houston, Texas, at the time and involved in the independent oil drilling business. And I was running for the Senate in late '63. I don't have any idea of what he's talking about." The spokesman added, "Must be another George Bush."

When McBride approached the CIA at that time, it initially invoked a policy of neither confirming nor denying anyone's involvement with the agency. But it soon took the unusual step of asserting that the correct individual was a George William Bush, a one-time Virginia staffer whom the agency claimed it could no longer locate. But that George Bush, discovered in his office in the Social Security Administration by McBride, noted that he was a low-ranked coast and landing-beach analyst and that he most certainly never received such an FBI briefing.

It was perhaps to help lay to rest the larger matter of the elder Bush's past associations that the former president went out of his way during his recent eulogy for President Ford to sing the praises of the Warren Commission Report as the final authority on those days.

"After a deluded gunman assassinated President Kennedy, our nation turned to Gerald Ford and a select handful of others to make sense of that madness. And a conspiracy theorist can say what they will, but the Warren Commission report will always have the final definitive say on this tragic matter. Why? Because Gerry Ford put his name on it and Gerry Ford's word was always good."

In fact, Ford's role on the Warren Commission is seen by many experts as a decisive factor in his rise to the top. As a Commission member, Ford altered its report in a significant way. As the Associated Press reported in 1997, “Thirty-three years ago, Gerald R. Ford took pen in hand and changed - ever so slightly - the Warren Commission's key sentence on the place where a bullet entered John F. Kennedy's body when he was killed in Dallas. The effect of Ford's change was to strengthen the commission's conclusion that a single bullet passed through Kennedy and severely wounded Texas Gov. John Connally - a crucial element in its finding that Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole gunman.”

This modification played a seminal role in ending talk of a larger conspiracy to kill the president. Knowledge of Ford's alteration has encouraged theorists to scrutinize the constellation of other figures who might have had a motivation to cover up the affair.

Meanwhile, there is much more to learn about George H. W. Bush's friend, Thomas Devine. The newly surfaced memos explain that Devine, from 1963 on, had authority from the agency to operate under commercial cover as part of an agency project code-named WUBRINY.

Devine at that time was employed with the Wall Street boutique Train, Cabot and Associates, described in the memos as an “investment banking firm which houses and manages the [CIA] proprietary corporation WUSALINE.” These nautical names - 'Saline' and 'Briny' - or, for the Bay of Pigs invasion 'Wave' - are CIA cryptonyms for the programs and companies involved.

George H.W. Bush's own ties are amplified in the 1975 CIA memo, dated November 29, which makes it clear that he had knowledge of CIA operations prior to being named the new director of the CIA in the fall of that year.

The 1975 memo notes that, through his relationship with Devine, “Mr George Bush [the CIA director-designate] has prior knowledge of the now terminated project WUBRINY/LPDICTUM which was involved in proprietary commercial operations in Europe.”

The Bush documents, part of a batch of 300,000 records the CIA provided to the House Select Committee on Assassinations, were publicly released in 1998 as the result of a lawsuit, donated to a foundation, scanned into a database - and only just noticed by an independent researcher.

Click the following to view original supporting documents:

[ 1 ]
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=12758
[ 2 ]
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=12758&relPageId=2
[ 3 ]
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=12758&relPageId=3

Russ Baker, founder of the Real News Project, and Jonathan Z. Larsen, Real News editorial board member, are at work on a book about George W. Bush and the Bush clan, due out later this year. They may be reached at: russ [ at ] realnews.org.

http://realnews.org/rn/content/zapata.html
newinitiation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative fintan

Here another interesting link

http://www.tarpley.net/bushb.htm

http://www.gaiaguys.net/meier.p14-16sb31.htm
zak247

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George H. Bush is truly the Imam of the elite. Interestingly Fintans rap on Bush “the great dictator” being the behind the scenes dictator is probably true, but the only thing I might add to that is that in my understanding there has always been a secret boss running things like Bush. Before Bush the guy in charge was probably Nelson Rockefeller.

After he died hummping that babe in NY Bush probably took over, in 1979.

This secret boss may or may not be President, as Rockefeller never was, but like Fintan said in the “Great Dictator” the president is only a figurehead, so these guys don’t have to be President.

I bet Clinton is next in line after Bush, since George W doesn’t have the intellectual capacity for the it.
Ormond

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nelson Rockefeller

Ah, that's a blast from the past.

But Nelson Rockefeller was Vice President appointed by Ford (since Ford was never elected, he got to 'appoint' his own boss....

So back in the day, most of us figured the Rockefeller was President during Fords term.

...It's a toss up though. Both of them were awfully drunk.

`````````````

Quote:
And it follows he WAS the George Bush in the Dallas CIA Memo...

Works for me. Zapata Oil had all the signs and symptoms of being a CIA front.

MichaelC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubt that pappy bush is a thoroughly evil nasty old fart - indeed satan incarnate - but are
Quote:
Newly released internal CIA documents
really to be believed for.....anything?
rustyh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael.
I have often wondered about that too.
These "documents" get released through the course of time or through 'freedom of information', but just how lgeitmate and honest are these?
During that period of time that they have been locked away, who's to say that history wasnt rewritten to suit the situation or psyop ?
It has intrigued me to who actually decides-"OK, today we are releasing all this information,but that other stuff cant come out for another ten years.We need to do a bit more work on them."
MichaelC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After he died hummping that babe in NY

Zak, the stories about this are contradictory and sketchy. Also, the 'babe' (her best friend who died suddenly right after this) seems to have vanished from the face of the earth.

Some people believe that Nelson received a bullet in the head - rather than receiving head - on that fateful day.

Had something to do with a very large deposit to Chase Manhattan - from a big Columbian customer - that 'went missing'...
zak247

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike

Quote:
Zak, the stories about this are contradictory and sketchy. Also, the 'babe' (her best friend who died suddenly right after this) seems to have vanished from the face of the earth.

Now that’s interesting I hadn’t heard that.

Quote:

Had something to do with a very large deposit to Chase Manhattan - from a big Columbian customer - that 'went missing'...

Interesting also; with these guys anything is possible.[/quote]
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockefeller was certainly a pre-Poppy force to be reckoned with. The 2 assassination attempts on Gerald Ford in one month were a definite attention-getter, and I can take a pretty good guess where the 'direction' for those ops came from. It probably wasn't Brown Brothers Harriman. I believe Nelson and Poppy were political rivals of the Liberal Right at that time.

Rocky also helped 'convince' Ford that the blatant vote-fraud that the Carter/Mondale team perpetrated to get into office wasn't worth fighting, since it would destroy his legacy as "the healer." And Jimmy "I Found Jesus During My Electro-Shock Therapy" Carter could assume the throne.

Notice how many of our Presidents are either mentally shaken (Nixon, Carter), intellectually challenged (Dubya, Reagan), or fatherless orphans (Ford, Clinton). I guess strong egos and confident personas don't follow "suggestions" all that well.
===========================
And now for something completely different - a bit from my favorite contemporary comedian, Bill O'Reilly:

http://homepage.mac.com/dansound/.Public/Sounds/labor.mp3

Ormond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I Found Jesus During My Electro-Shock Therapy"

I just have to say you've got a wild knack for one liners, Rumple4skin.

That's a keeper!

Ford assassination attempts....

I have ALWAYS wanted to live long enough to hear who the hell set up Manson Family space chick Squeaky Fromme to take a pot shot at Ford from a distance with a Saturday Night Special pea shooter that couldn't hit the side of a barn. Made surreal press at the time.... No real assassination attempt intended, but a psyop to promote public sympathy for Ford.
Squeaky was free in 1975. Reading her interviews, including the one below, she always turns the topic to her resentment that the authorities blocked her attempts to keep in direct touch with Manson. I suspect her real motive, perhaps the incentive, was a notion that doing something like that might get her into the prison system where she might be able to communicate with Manson. I don't think she pulled this off all by herself, though.

I mean.... Squeaky Fromme? oh pleeze....

I never did buy the story that it was Daddy Charlie pulling Squeaky's psychic puppet strings with mental telepathy...that was the Official Explanation at the time.
Listen. This chick would get lost trying to find her way out of a bathroom. How could she have single-handedly figured out how to get close enough to a President to shoot him? She had to have CIA handlers drop her off there.
Fact remains, though. She never actually fired a shot. She was just there with pea shooter. She pointed the weapon. There is a video tape of this someplace--I only saw it aired once on television the day it happened.

Squeaky interviews are rare, and she doesn't seem to be very specific on how she got the idea to do it, or how she planned it.
When asked simple question, "what was your reason for trying to assissinate President Ford," she goes into outer space...

Quote:

There is no doubt that most people have heard of Charles Manson, And; if you've heard of Manson you're probably aware of Lynette Fromme (also known as "Squeaky").

R.H.: In 1975, what was your reason for trying to assasinate President Ford?

L.F.: I pleaded "Not Guilty" to the charge of "attempted assassination of a president". There were 4 bullets in the handle of the gun-none in the chamber. Had I wanted to use a bullet, I would've jacked back the slide til it clicked and pushed it forward, injecting one into its chamber. I moved spontaneously as anytime feeling or intuition is strong, and I didn't choose to load the weapon. So-the plea was true. If Manson had anything to do with it, it is this--He asked the women around him to put the Earth before him, to work for air, trees, water, animals (he calls it ATWA). He told me long ago that life on Earth does not begin with humans, but with all that keeps it alive. He said the Earth and it's animals can survive without people. People cannot survive without it. Such a simple thing. You may say that everyone knows it, but humans behave now as if they can eat money and drink gasoline and oil. I had that and other pollutions on my mind when Ford flew into Sacremento for a big business and Industry breakfast, the following morning. I had tried for five years to meet the always changing requirements for visiting Manson and was to be permanently barred no matter. I had just seen the book written by the District Attorney in the Tate/LaBianca trials and other books just as wrong. I was thinkin of the day Manson first spoke to the judge about retaining his voice in court - his attitude, simple, sincere. I was at the back of the courtroom, which was silent packed with reporters on the edges of the benches, craning to see and hear. I saw them all jump at the sound of the gavel and bow to the judges voice which was terse and full of authorative rebuke - "this is my courtroom, Mr. Manson, and I make the rules here." He put an end to Manson's voive in the courtroom. Now by Supreme Court rulings all defendants have the right to represent themselves in court. Then the lawyers showed nothing but chaos. The DA made mucho money. The movie confused a lot of kids. But, that's how the Society of Ladies keeps a man a little boy for her use. Surety and Faith are God's.

hometown.aol.com/outershel/squeaky.html

Last edited by Ormond on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:44 am; edited 6 times in total
MichaelC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the two 'attempts' on Ford's life were staged by the Bush crime family to make it look like Rocky's work?
Ormond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so the two 'attempts' on Ford's life were staged by the Bush crime family to make it look like Rocky's work?

Somebody remind me what the second 'attempt' was and who the patsy was, I can't remember it.

It did just hit me, though, that the Squeaky Fromme scenario is oddly similar to the John Hinkley scenario of 'lone nut' shooting Ronald Reagan...which is sorta similar to the 'lone antisocial gunman' scenario of Lee Harvey Oswald.

And Hinkley knew the Bush family personally. And there's that memo to the FBI in 1963 about a 'George Bush of Houston Texas' warning of a plot to kill President Kennedy...

There are similarities in these three scenarios that I can't quite put my finger on right now...(up late here). But think it over folks and see if anybody can find common denominators.

'Lone nut', seems like a good place to start.
That's always been dissonant to me....none of the above seem to have had their shit together enough to manage to get close enough to a President with intent to kill, carrying weapons. Could any of us? Presidential appearances and routes have always been managed by the Secret Service. Armies of plain clothes agents are in any audience.
The Kennedy shooting at least had some credibility that the parade route had been published in the paper, and the shooter used a rifle from an accessible building on an upper floor. (only problem with that was that he was hit in the front and back of his head simultaneously)
But how the hell was Hinckley supposed to know Reagan would be on that street, exposed?
How was Squeaky supposed to know how to get close to Ford?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: