FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Dollar's Full-System Meltdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: New Post Edit Upgrade Reply with quote

Quote:
Jerry Fletcher: Although, it's comforting to know everybody
struggles with BBS code. I don't think I had ever pressed the bracket
key prior to 911.

Yep, the current post formatting thingie sucks. And the best way is to
write up your post in Wordpad or something and then pastte into the
forum to add the final formatting.....

But the good news is.... I got a full WYSIWYG Post editor and will
be installing soon. Should be in place for the new year. Wink Yayyyy!
Hocus Locus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry my 'pedigree chums' (his latest avatar the best, try the pink pill first, most potent because it has a breakaway ridge, to piece it out and reduce side-effects by half)... more clipping and dropping than anything else at this point...

When I acquire textbooks, a habit acquired after I left school, first pass it's all so new the 'surprise of newness' so deep and entrenched (then real world intrudes) eyes glaze. So I force myself to go back, and pick out the parts that 'surprise' me the most... so when I am ready for the second pass, these surprising bits have percolated pre-awareness and provide a pivoting angle of attack for further learning, with a hint of 'specialty'. Because surprise=interest.

Jerry Fletcher wrote:
I'm kind of interested in the concept of money as something that tortures us our entire lives, as it represents something deeper - the way that minds or souls 'relate' to each other, for better or for worse.
[...]
Our relationship to money defines our relationship to society and the world in general. In fact, most people define themselves by the amount of it they feel they have. This fascinates me for some reason. Perhaps I'm simply looking for a way to 'feel' rich without all the time consuming effort of making and managing lots of money.

That's really the reason I've been studying commercial principles from a 'conspiratorial' angle - not to hopefully save the dollar, the nation, the economy, or the world for that matter, but to simply try and understand myself and the world around me.

Someone has just (eerily) pegged my current flavor of interest better than I coud'a figured myself. I've known that WB and IMF existed, as ancronyms, with a general history-book press-release idea of their purpose, which of course does not answer the question, so what have they been 'up to' lately? And the theorist's most urgent topic, who let the foxes in to manage this, or any particular henhouse?

With a side of cynical optimism, which tracks somewhat like, how much would I need to learn to keep hoof out of mouth, that I may be able to recognize non-conspiratorial causation and effect (such as real humans in these positions simply battling daemons that are endemic to the human condition). Or quasi-conspiratorial, where those empowered are actually doing the best they can under the circumstances, but are being manipulated (with or without their knowledge and consent) by others, who are holding the fiat-cards and steering the system towards an iceberg.

So when PC Roberts (so glad he's not 'PC'!) pulls an example from his hat, where the Chinese as hypothetical leverage present a 'mere' $billion dollars of bonds as a buy-back threat -- I recognize it as a middle play -- not an economy breaker, but a flexing of muscle, a harbinger of sentiment. Which I translate into playground-speak for my little mind, "Now you don't want us to go default on your ass, do you.?" Messages hidden in the movement of money.

So there is a system under which this takes place, there are those playing within its rules, and (by worldy inertia of common interest) they are not the rules of shady despots like, ahem, who are throwing evolving mechanisms of civilized conduct to the wind by pushing straight conquest, government decimation and asset acquisition plays. With faith-based racism' thrown in because they're creeps. The scenario (nicely! cleanly!) described as

dilbert_g wrote:
MELTDOWN: This is what was experienced in East Asia during the "flu", when sudden bank defaults caused by speculative debt (in real estate) crashing (speculation which could have been blocked or tamed or if the IMF wasn't a dick), which led to the IMF fighting with banks to raise interest, which caused businesses to go bankrupt en masse, people were thrown out of work, and the flow of money dried up. Then the IMF told some govts to NOT get involved in resolving bankruptcies, so past-owners stripped assets. There was bartering, and the IMF ordered banks to buy dollars in order to pay back NY, rather than salvage their real economic situation. The public suffered a massive economic setback, out of which they are slowly emerging. All preventable by sound policy, by letting East Asia manage soundly, like China is doing.

To me seems like a play within the system -- but that little ditty "told some govts to NOT get involved in resolving bankruptcies" -- wow, like, they can DO that? Is this by 'lord of the wise Greenspan' consensus or is this by 'contractual order'? And like interest rates are reins that tug on all the horses down the line, do such bankrupcy edicts or recommends, trickle down to local venues?

I see policies on bankrupcy resolvement (whether imposed by world bank or your hungry Feds) as some sort of empowerment play, leeway granted to the business under seige (and I know chapter 11 is is actually a conditional surrender with time or oversight as the concessions, chapter 7 the final), or leeway granted to creditors who (presumably, hopefully) will make 'better use' of the wealth. If there is any. Where borrowing schemes the velvet glove, bankrupcy the spike-studded variety.

Everything is a zero-sum game at the species level, because once you step back from there, only Gaia cares whether the critters that like to fertilize the earth with the dead and blow things up are ultimately useful or not. Until we implement a successful asteroid diversion plan, it's unlikely we are really being useful to Gaia.

Quote:
Stiglitz took his mission seriously and tried to help people. He claims that Wolfensohn did also. He found intelligent, well-educated people in client countries and worked out solutions with them, or taught them. He worked WITH people. He was dismayed, alarmed, shocked, frustrated, confused, and angered when the IMF worked at cross-purposes, made demands, seemed to fuck things up on purpose. These were the reasons he listed.

[... a series of things which one might see as 'slippage of ideals'...then...]

h) lying, fudging data, pretense, gross hypocrisy
i) AUTISM (as defined above)
j) political influence, U.S. Treasury and Wall Street banks
k) a near-religious cookie-cutter approach to economic policies, slapped on countries with very different economic situations, in other words, Neo-con economics, Neo-Liberalism, near-Austrian economics theory (market fundamantalism) pushed by FORCE and PRESSURE thru this huge international government institution.

Those last, indicators of 'outright corruption of ideals'.

With the Usual Suspect identified. If Chavez is any judge (he hasn't played by the rules all his life but he seems to be coming around to some sort of plan) this is a straight mirror of the apparent castration of the United Nations, through back room deal and fancy footwork on the floor, such as the machinations that prevent the passing of Resolutions of Condemnation for things that should (IMO) have been condemned like hell. Such as civilian carpet bombing in those places where such fine rugs have been made.

Have to run. Reality is deteriorating.

___
A billion here, a couple of billion there -- first thing you know it adds up to be real money.
~Everett McKinley Dirksen
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little tidbit contribution: back in the late 90's or so (whenever it was), when the "new bills" were first introduced (I believe they began with the 5, if I'm not mistaken), my young genius friend Ted - who had innocently dabbled in counterfeiting, just to see if he could do it - remarked to me, "Well that's stupid. I checked out this new bill. They say it's to cut down on counterfeiting. This one is easier to mock-up than the old one, I swear."

That struck me as odd. So, if he was correct, what was the reason? Perhaps a psy-op to get us all used to the fact that the look of the currency can change, but the world goes on spinning as before? In prep for a real change in the look?

Or perhaps, the smarter succession of appearances will go from this:

....to this:

....then back to to something more familiar, like this:

Ahhh. Now things are back to normal. Cool

dilbert_g

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: BBCODE Reply with quote

I just found a FREE offline BBCODE prog

Better than Wordpad it uses BBCODE formatting
http://www.pawsoft.com/?p=fass/home
http://www.pawsoft.com/fass/screen_mainedit.gif

seems to work.
It also attempted Internet access, but Zone Alarm caught it.
dilbert_g

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems pretty simple to understand their plans, since they explain it (in coded language).

THIS is what's going on:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=thomas+barnett

http://www.thomaspmbarnett.com/media/thebrief.htm
a 200mb MPEG dl is here too
http://www.jhuapl.edu/POW/rethinking06/video.cfm
I crunched it smaller. See below.

This is basically what Ormond told me about creating little "habitats" for workers in Texas and globally.

Basically he says America is taking over the world, but he makes that distinction in Imperialism that Brzezinski made. Unlike outright Dictators, America only tells them what they can't do, fight back against US interests, internal genocide, only diplomatic discussions. America does not tell them what they MUST do. On the other hand, the IMF tells them what they MUST do, and they get pressure (CIA, Military) if they start democratic self-determination.

He also talks about meeting with a bunch of Pentagon and Cantor-Fitzgerald guys at in WTC1. U.S. War Policy is set in conference with Cantor Fitzgerald and the Pentagon. Cantor-Fitzgerald has special privileges as a primary trader of US Govt Securities (Bonds), Treasury Notes, i.e. USG DEBT. Interfaces with Federal Reserve System. All present agreed on planning for war with China --- with which Barnett strongly disagrees. Priorities changed after Sept 11.
1) Shows how shallow their war-planning is. Strategic "threat" is fluid, and self-defined by govt economic policy.
2) Gives some credence to Ward Churchill's "Little Eichmann's" comment. Actually worse. Eichmann didn't plan war, he just planned for them, I think. These guys were planning war.
3) Pentagon specifically serves Wall Street and Capital Markets. So he says (brags).

He's entertaining, in a sick sort of way. Arrogant. He disingenuously says the problem is that American culture forcibly redefines their women and the men don't like that.

Holds true to some extent, I've seen harsh written protests about immodesty, including that Afghani "Madonna" singer from Norway (?) on YouTube, but I also saw a webpage someone put up on the "Babes of Hizbullah", 'hot' women protesting in Lebanon and Syria. The point was that hot-looking women grab media cameras, and this helps spread a message better than a bunch of guys with guns.

COMMENTS on "Babes of Hizbullah" are informative, as a key benefit of the web -- debate. One poster talked about women clad in scanty clothes and with Hizbollah flag in the area of Hizbollah fighters, indicating that religious fundamentalism was not universally a problem.

Quote:
December 12, 2006
More bodies or more jobs?

ARTICLE: Experts Advise Bush Not to Reduce Troops: President Looking Beyond Study Group's Plan, By Michael A. Fletcher and Thomas E. Ricks, Washington Post, December 12, 2006; Page A01

ARTICLE: To Stem Iraqi Violence, U.S. Aims to Create Jobs, By Josh White and Griff Witte, Washington Post, December 12, 2006; Page A01

You might think the "more bodies" argument from the military experts should hold sway, but instead read the far more stunning article that says our personnel in Iraq are finally going to prioritize job creation like crazy. Be amazed to read about the 200 factories the CPA closed, helping create a 70 percent unemployment rate that fuels the insurgency and sectarian strife today. Listen to Pete Chiarelli, who cracked this code on infrastructure and utilities during his first tour, say that more jobs beats more soldiers right now.

I wrote this so long ago I can't even tell you which book it appeared in: "Jobs are the exit strategy in Iraq."

Flabbergasting to think how little priority this goal has received up to now. Few things describe the crux of our postwar occupation better.

Posted by Thomas P.M. Barnett

Barnett makes MORE sense than the Bush admin, from an angle of imperialism. Anyhow, this is what they're doing and how they plan. His point is the Military can CRUSH people but there was no allowance made at the time for peacekeepers. On his homepage, he says the Pgon finally decided that JOBS is the answer. Put insurgents to work. Something he said months (or years) ago.

Along that line, he mentions that even in America, 3 days without electricity, people are OK. "The 4th day the guns come out." So of course the situation in Iraq descended into chaos when the six month window (during which time he says "they loved us") passed by and there was no electricity or jobs. I would have asked, why did the US Military allow (a) jobs to be farmed out to foreign construction workers (b) Bechtel to FAIL to turn on electricity (c) how could they have not foreseen. To which I would answer sarcastically and conspiratorially, they DID see, but chaos was in the planning. Clean Break, PNAC, breaking up Iraq, fracturing nations.

I DO think that at the top, the G8 nations and America have differing agenda with HOW to take over the world economically, and what's the best strategy, and how to give as little as possible.

Stiglitz says that last part may be changing, but slowly.

Mises.org writers debunk Stiglitz on a couple points. Some were too complex for me to decipher one way or another. He should debate them instead of just IMF officials.

They claim that his criticism of IMF is accurate and proves their point, which is that govt cannot fix economic situations via taxing and regulation (Stiglitz point was that decisions on lending policies should have a larger outlook than the raw and exploitative bottom line that commercial lenders look at).

Also the Mises writer argues that IMF hacks inherently cannot be trusted to do what's right since they are lying govt hacks. However, the same can easily be said for corporate sharks. Corporate sharks NEED a leash and Public Choice will not cut it because just as Communism relies on the "Communist Man" to think in egalitarian terms, Libertarianism needs the "Public Choice corporation" that won't belligerently override democratic inputs they deeply scorn.
I found some pretty hefty debunking of Mises below. I might cite them in the future on some matters, the "stopped clock" phenomena and all, but far less.

Stiglitz is obviously associated with a bunch of people we'd consider shady parasitic characters who spew hipocrisy, but considering that this SEEMS TO BE the way things are going, at best, it's best to at least understand it. I fear that corporate hegemony is NOT going away, unless People can destroy Banking and Capitalism, which is unlikely and possibly very "unhealthy" even in the best scenario (gentle anarchism), so the next best option might simply be trying to modify it and control it. And educating people so they know what this stuff is really about.

I heard the local talk show host going on about how some people want America to be poorer. First off, it's these corporate capitalists who want America poorer. Second, when the Left protests against globalization, it's not a LOSE-LOSE answer they want (some call for a return to primitive living) but a win-win for everyone, economically. (He talks about the need for new non-polluting energy sources, if wealth and capitalism must expand, because petroleum can't do it globally.)

Barnett only deals with the military angle, but he doesn't deal with the economic arena, which I think is the main root cause of conflict, more than religion.

Sorry to go all mainstream here, I just try to look at all angles.

Last edited by dilbert_g on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to your "rotting Iraq from within" by managing the jobs market, a story I had heard early on was the one about the concrete plant that needed a generator. After we "won the war" and Baghdad fell, the "under-prepared" military only had so many generators to disperse. The concrete plant would have kept over 1,000 Iraqis working (and feeding several thousand family members), but the Army refused to give them even one generator.

Once the mismanagement of the entire scenario had begun to spawn car bombs, the green zone had to be equipped with those tall concrete blast walls.

(You have to admit, they make a nice canvas.)

Anyway, the local plant could have turned them out for about $100 apiece. But, since 1000 locals jobs were squelched by 'the occupiers' refusing to power the plant, Halliburton "had no alternative" but to ship them in at roughly $1,000 each.

Everyone in the city knew the story of the concrete plant and how it was essentially shut down by the U.S. Army. So, to make sure any unemployed concrete workers' family members knew who to be enraged at, they made sure "HALLIBURTON" was stamped at the bottom of each one.

http://www.harpers.org/BaghdadYearZero.html

dilbert_g

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK I'M MISSING SOMETHING HERE.
I think the reason I found this compelling is he's not playing McGovern, Shayler, etc. He's straight up saying "we kill people for global capitalism -- oh and because ppl who don't like globalization might kill us or fuck with our companies or kill our stooges/allies -- and we plan to do unauthorized killings but hide it", etc.

I think I posted this before from John Birch page.

Paul Weyrich - CNP Board of Governors (1982; 1996); CNP Secretary-Treasureer Executive Committee (1984-85; 1988). In 1977, The Heritage Foundation employed Roger Pearson on the editorial board of Policy Review, the monthly Heritage publication. Pearson is a British race scientist who organized the Northern League of Europe and became head of of the World Anti-Communist League, the multinational network of Nazi war criminals, Latin American death squad leaders and North American neo-fascists. In 1975, Pearson organized the North American neo-fascists into an American branch of the WACL called Council on American Affairs. Roger Pearson, whose research was financed by the Pioneer Fund of Tom Ellis, is a Briton who obtained his master's degree at the London School of Economics. The LSE was founded and financed by the British Fabian Society in 1894.

right wing communists??!!

"The Committee of 300 through its many affiliated organizations was able to nullify the Reagan presidency. Here is what Stuart Butler of the Heritage Foundation had to say on the subject 'The right thought it had won in 1980 but in fact it have lost.' What Butler was referring to was the situation in which the Right found itself when it realized that every single position of importance in the Reagan administration was filled by Fabianist appointees recommended by the Heritage Foundation. Butler went on to say that Heritage would use rightwing ideas to impose leftwing radical principles upon the United States, ..

Not Leftwing like minimum wage for workers. Like Stalin.

What a coincidence!! Right near the beginning, Barnett shows a photo of Marx and says what they're doing is Karl Marx on Steroids. Everyone laughs.
(There's a vid where he's interviewed by on CSPAN by Tom Feeney. Barnett gets all blinky like he's flattered. I could picture him in leather and chains, talking about his macho Pgon job if you know what I mean, but he's married with several kids and he'd probably send someone to re-arrange all my fucking rule-sets if he read this. So he does a smirky interview on CSPAN -- and when Feeney compares his ideas to Marx, he says "Marx wasn't thinking big enough". Birchers, load your weapons.

Anyhow, here's the CRUNCHED Thomas Barnett downloads.
MPEGs on his site is 242mb Zip file.
www.Takeoverworld.info/vid/Barnett_AVI_80.zip (69mb)
www.Takeoverworld.info/vid/Barnett_AVI_140.zip (131mb)
Audio Only (redirect download)
Here's the PDF
ftp://ftp.jhuapl.edu/nsadrethink/110205/BarnettBrief.pdf
Here's a Real Player video on CSPAN with Tom Feeney (don't remember what page it was on)
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/arc_btv/arc_btv102905_4.rm
and I mentioned this above
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=thomas+barnett
there is SOME overlap but good info

Chossudovsky comes really close to Barnett in his discussion here
http://www.takeoverworld.info/video-audiolist.html#mainvid
but he's talking about China, where Barnett has dismissed China as a threat and chosen it as an ally. But Chossudovsky's talk reflects what he knew at that point and is a near parallel. (I have a problem that Snoeshoe flashed the Hufscmid book and others on the screen, I suspect [hope] that was unvetted post-production by an eager guy at Snowshoe.)

And Jeffrey Sachs is explaining the same things to Colbert here:
http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=59916

Dr. Evil, but pretty honest about plans. The interesting part is he always talks about creating a world worth living in, and he did adopt a Chinese daughter. Brilliant and witty guy (I don't want to overplug him, but compared to ANYONE else from Washington.) Attacks reporters like Robert Kaplan who are about "cowboys and injuns", as well as Bush. He partly lets Rummy off the hook on Iraq failure. Cold Warrior screwups. Peace through globalization is the key. Connectivity. Putting leash on Israel. Makes war and globalization sound FUN.

Barnett -- like President Bush -- laughed and cracked jokes about the lack of threat presented by Iraq -- or any country -- to U.S. Security. The govt just said "he's got a gun" when it turned out "it was just a lighter, but it was dark" because of the use of archaic language and the need to 'sell' the war to the American people. The WMDs were just meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

He does not dismiss the threat of Al-Qaeda. Of course he brings up 9-11, but not hysterically. In an abstract sense, I get his point that "Al-Qaeda" to the extent that it exists as an indigenous movement, and to whatever extent that it's not CIA controlled but self-generating, then some of them DO stand in the way of "progress", and for archaic reasons. However, I also have an article I copied near the bottom of here, which debunks some of the exaggerations of US rhetoric against the Taliban.

Regardless, I fully enjoyed taunting local radio neocons with this spin. "War planning was done with Pgon officials and Cantor-Fitzgerald. Betcha dint know C-F was deciding on who we were going to war with." "Who is Cantor-Fitzgerald?" "Capital markets, interfaces with the Fed somehow, I forget. Anyhow, Wall Street coordinates war plans with Pgon. He tells Pgon audience they don't run America, Wall Street calls the shots."
"Exit strategy is now jobs." "He's crazy." "Well he says top brass thought he was crazy, but is now inviting him to brainstorm, because of Iraq." "Iraqis were peacefully protesting for jobs given to foreign workers -- the Army shot them."
"Also 250000 peacekeepers from G20." "That sounds like that biblical conspiracy theory."

"We should just cut everyone off, everyone is our enemy after we give them aid." "Nah, China is our partner. Iran is our friend, they love us." "That want to nuke us." "Just rhetoric, Iran really loves us."

If you believe this guy, re: Amadinejad and Iran, he sort of supports/debunks Fintan's take on Iran.
a) They are an ally, always natural ally, same as under the Shah.
b) Neocons too stupid Cold War ideologues to know it.
This is possible or possible cover.
Anyhow I think you'll enjoy it more than say ... Jones. Or Jayhan.

Last edited by dilbert_g on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:42 am; edited 8 times in total
dilbert_g

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Fiat money Reply with quote

I wanted to add this argument to the discussion:
www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-gold.htm (same orig site that carries Origins of the Overclass (my copy), by the late Steve Kangas)
Quote:
Myth: The gold standard is a better monetary system.

Fact: The gold standard causes deflation and depressions.

Summary

The far right advocates the gold standard because it gets government out of the business of controlling the money supply.
They fear that printing money creates inflation, and retracting money causes recessions. But the opposite is also true: printing money cures recessions, and retracting it cures inflation. Governments in the last 60 years have used these policies with tremendous success. There has not been a single depression or bank panic in any nation anywhere in the world using Keynesian monetary policies. But during the Gilded Age of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, depressions and bank panics were common. The historical record is so strong that mainstream economists reject the gold standard almost universally.

... more ...

This is what Zarlenga is saying, with his book on the Lost History of Money.

linked to this page is this:
Quote:
Myth: The Austrian School of Economics is "apart and above" mainstream economics.

Fact: The Austrian School is a classic example of crank science.

Summary

The Austrian School of Economics is a tiny group of libertarians at war with mainstream economics. They reject even the scientific method that mainstream economists use, preferring to use instead a pre-scientific approach that shuns real-world data and is based purely on logical assumptions. But this is the very method that thousands of religions use when they argue their opposing beliefs, and the fact that the world has thousands of religions proves the fallibility of this approach. Academia has generally ignored the Austrian School, and the only reason it continues to exist is because it is financed by wealthy business donors on the far right. The movement does not exist on its own scholarly merits.

I have not yet read all these essays on this page, but this aligns with what Barbara Aho was saying when she linked the Mises group and their Austrian economics with the Mont Pelerin Society with the Council for National Policy and Birch Society, Ollie North, John Singlaub, Jerry Falwell, fake (anti)Christian Right, and CIA, etc..

This is where Stiglitz criticizes the IMF and their neo-liberal, neo-con policies towards lending to "developing nations", who presumably would like to develop and experience growth without having to take a ragged sharp stick up the rectum periodically.

It seems we're stuck with "Fiat money" for our own well-being, and that it would work against freedom and prosperity to fight against that policy, so the problem is reduced to fighting with those who have the Fiat to quit being such dickwads about it, and informing/immunize the rest of the Western population.

It also says that Keynes and Roosevelt were basically correct, even if Roosevelt was "too autocratic" about it. The problem is the dickwads now have the tool of autocracy.

I guess this becoming is an ongoing series by me to answer and document the question at least for myself of "what positions are the wisest ones for us to take on these issues" without having a knee-jerk reaction towards some celebrity icon schmoozer, or a knee-jerk reaction against them.
dilbert_g

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: psyop Reply with quote

Re: Women Lose Ground in the New Iraq
--- In portagepeace@...:
> Subject: Women Lose Ground in the New Iraq - washingtonpost.com
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/15/AR2006121501744.html

Ironically, I have to report that that Pgon analyst warmonger globalist who's really critical and mocking of Bush and more akin to the Iraq Study Group crowd of big thinkers would totally agree with this article. The problem was not that bombing by Rumsfeld's Leviathan was wrong or the wrong amount, Rumsfeld was perfect, but not enough international "peacekeeping". He wants smaller fighting force and massive permanent peacekeeper intervention about 250,000 "police" by the G20. But first set up US Army as transition peacekeepers, then shift new group out from under Army budget to it's own standalone dept, and gradually shift responsibility to internationals. This is the plan for future wars. (Quite a load of shite to sell to quite a few people with vested interests.)

He emphasizes it's because some primitive men don't like how Globalization emancipates women, and that it's absolutely NOT about money or the IMF and Wall Street raping people's economy and resources, creating slave plantations.

I have every reason to doubt his sincerity, but not their resolve to implement. As a matter of fact, this crisis may have just been the instrument they needed to implement their Hegelian solution, which would normally draw huge criticism from Republican Conservatives. Tom Feeney dutifully breached the subject of "this sounds almost like communism" on CSPAN. Barnett grins and says "Marx wasn't thinking big enough" and he brazenly used a photo of Karl Marx in his other talk. Marx/Lenin wanted to create the "communist Man", he evidently wants to create the "globalist Man". Global Connectivity.

Come to think of it, WAPO is totally CIA-collaboration since the late 50's, it was Wisner's Operation Mockingbird that took down McCarthy when they went after some CIA as "communists" (and Hoover yanked their security clearances look up Cord Meyer on Spartacus.co.uk) but has the reputation of being a liberal paper.

And THAT is how you get a bunch of Conservatives and Liberals to support Global Communism.

Addendum: When I mention CIA control of media, the most brazen example must be that the former head of anti-Soviet propaganda warfare in Europe is now the head of NPR.
The interesting story about Cord Meyer is here. It seems J. Edgar Hoover, head of the FBI, was getting in a pissing match (power struggle) with the CIA. He called on his buddy Joe McCarthy for help. McCarthy turned his anti-communist witchhunt at the CIA, Cord Meyer and another two. This was really an attack on the whole Wisner organization, the liberal Georgetown set.

(Liberal domestically maybe, but Arthur Schlesinger, a top OSS agent, described Wisner as "excessive" in his anti-comm Cold War zeal. He built up a force of 16000 agents working against the USSR, and he persuaded Truman that the OSS in peacetime would be an "American Gestapo". That kind of "liberal". So the accusations of communism were certainly groundless, and evidence of how deep the turf battle ran. Also that McCarthy and Hoover met their match as you shall see. Even then, the USSR was seen as thwarting America's policy ambitions, not a global threat but a strategic threat, defined by U.S. policy.)

FBI actually refused Cord Meyer a security clearance. Allen Dulles, Richard Helms, and Frank Wisner came to Meyer's defence and refused to permit FBI to interrogate Meyer. Check.

Shortly after this, the Media came down hard on McCarthy. Edward R. Murrow's (CBS) famous attack (in the movie Good Night and Good Luck), and the Washington Post and other TV stations and newspapers and magazines. The chorus pushed McCarthy into humiliation and he died of alcoholism. Wisner had unleashed Operation Mockingbird, his press attack dogs. Checkmate. Hoover was not publicly harmed, but I would say the old man took a subservient position to CIA. A lot of this came out years later in front of the Frank Church Committee.

G

Last edited by dilbert_g on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Ormond

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Ironically, I have to report that that Pgon analyst warmonger globalist who's really critical and mocking of Bush and more akin to the Iraq Study Group crowd of big thinkers would totally agree with this article. The problem was not that bombing by Rumsfeld's Leviathan was wrong or the wrong amount, Rumsfeld was perfect, but not enough international "peacekeeping". He wants smaller fighting force and massive permanent peacekeeper intervention about 250,000 "police" by the G20. But first set up US Army as transition peacekeepers, then shift new group out from under Army budget to it's own standalone dept, and gradually shift responsibility to internationals. This is the plan for future wars. (Quite a load of shite to sell to quite a few people with vested interests.)

Quite. Now the real plan unfolds. A load of shite on so many levels of course, and a rude awakening for the vicarious bully slut suburban republicans who got such a hardon in 2003 for what they believed was the beginning of American Empire unmasked and unfettered.
For Republican small fry here, that's been the first bitter pill to swallow. I've paid strict attention to their personal reaciton to see how they interpret current events, if they get it yet at all. Those that do get it are naturally wanting to rationalize that it's isolated to Bush, that Bush 'sold out' and that they have to find a new leader. Maybe Jeb, yeah, Jeb's the 'clean one'.

Quote:
Quote:
He emphasizes it's because some primitive men don't like how Globalization emancipates women, and that it's absolutely NOT about money or the IMF and Wall Street raping people's economy and resources, creating slave plantations.

The women's card. They sure can't play the ol' 'do it, for the children' card since we've blown so many Iraqi kids up. The women's card must be directed toward garnering female domestic support. I don't think men expecially care whether Muslim women get to pick up guys in bars wihtout getting their heads cut off or not.
The UN is very big on the global women's emancipation angle. And it IS shite! First the US troops go in and carpet bomb residential areas, laying down depleted uranium ordinance, crippling infrastructure. The occupation begins and Haliburon moves in to set up porn distribution and gather up stray widowed and orphaned females into brothels for the GI's...and lastly UNESCO moves in and takes the kids away from any mothers who survived this far. Everybody be free!

Hillary is being presented as more 'serious' a candidate every week. Last night I watched a NY Times audio slide show that portrayed her as the second coming. Showed her surrounde by a sea of admiring feminists (not a dry seat in the house), said "Hillary's growing following is exuberant".

This, about a clearly clinically diagnosable sociopath and quite likely psychopath with delusions of godhood. Who's never done a thing for the American people OR women. Who the Times author admitted shifts her positions to suit whatever audience she's addressing--and he made that sound like a good thing! Why, she's just being 'Centrist' because she wants to make EVERYBODY HAPPY.

We are run by snails. I don't think they're reptiles. Reptiles don't leave such a slime trail.

Something I really took offence to in the article "Women Lose Ground in the New Iraq" is how the article blames the plight of Iraqi women (fearing kidnapping and rape), on the Iraqi men. I do not buy that.

Gee, unless Iraqis are just a bunch wild blooded heathen savages that don't know how to handle 'freedom' yet.

That's how it's being sold. I know, because my neocon college buddy here interprets it just like that.

There is so much SHITE going on with the psyops and doubletalk I don't even know were to begin explaining it to people who get their news from Michael Savage and Limbaugh.

dilbert_g

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(not a dry seat in the house) heh heh

Tell em it's a communist-style global takeover, per the Pentagon. A global peacekeeping coalition with the top 20 countries. Everything conservatives have long feared.
Ormond

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tell em it's a communist-style global takeover, per the Pentagon. A global peacekeeping coalition with the top 20 countries. Everything conservatives have long feared.

That's the best segue. I started with the history of communist infiltration during the Roosevelt era. Conservatives will listen to that--the influence of Trotsky, who he was supported by and talking to from exile in Mexico City until Beria's NKVD assassin bumped him off with a hammer and ice pick (sickle) in Mexico.

Alger Hiss, the squelching of the McCarthy investigation into communist infiltration in US government, etc.
I leave out the bigger picture that Russian Communism and Hitler were both funded by Wall Street...hoping that if they will at least keep an open minde to learn the history of the Neocons, maybe they'll actually figure the rest out on their own.

Communism is ancient history though. Fortunately, hearing about Communitarianism gets conservatives attention also. Scary stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: